Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the biggest twist you've had ruined by a spoiler for a TV show?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

So a certain huge Love/Hate spoiler is apparently circulating and most fans of the show are doing their best to avoid it.

It got me thinking though; Whats the biggest twist you've had ruined by a spoiler in a TV show or film?

I came very close to having
    "We have to go back!"
    spoiled on me in Lost but I didnt quite get what the poster meant by
    "flash forward"
    thank God as I was knackered at the time.

It should be a given but I'll say it anyway; please post all reveals with spoiler tags! Regardless of how old the show is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The ending to Breaking Bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Game of Thrones.
    Season 1 - The main "twist/biggest shock" of season 1 was given away by a smug book reader.
    Season 4 - The main "twist/biggest shock" of season 4 (episode 9) given away... by a book reader.

I say smug as in there was a confidence to him that he knew what was going to happen 6/7 episodes before it happened.
    Well of course he did, he'd read the books!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The usual suspects... After a friend told me about that twist it seemed so obvious when I watched it.

Needless to say I got him back when he said he was getting into Game of Thrones. I knew what gonna happen, I made sure he knew too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am forever spooling things on myself by reading far too much about the show I'm watching. It doesn't really bother me too much though, I'm generally more impressed by execution than story so I can still really enjoy whatever it is if it's done well. Or I'll have forgotten about the spoiler by the time I get that far.

For that reason I tend to have no time for people getting hysterical that x is 'just destroyed' for them because of some chinese whisper they heard :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Two of the biggest causes of spoilers I find these days are shows based on books and shows based on history. Take Boardwalk Empire, for example. I would post in that thread but then others would come in and basically say "well everyone knows X kills Y" or "Z goes on to do this". I'm not exactly up on my prohibition era American history so needless to say I stopped going in there. Unfortunately it was too late as someone had made a "guess" at how it would end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Given the forum that you're in, please stick to TV shows (just in case that isn't obvious, like) :)

Edit: I'll rename thread when I'm not on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

My brother told me who shot Mr. Burns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Not exactly a spoiler as such, but more a sense of disappointment.

The way a certain group of people go on about "Two Cathedrals" as if it's the best thing they'd ever seen, some mind blowing televisual feast, unseen in anything before or since.

Then I watched it, and it....wasn't. Is was just another episode of an admittedly pretty good series (that I've yet to finish).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Maggie shot Mr. Burns

Ruined it for me

Thread renamed, non-TV content removed (sorry!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I know it's a stupid sitcom but someone revealed the ending of How I Met Your Mother on Twitter minutes after it aired. I was gonna watch it within the hour so I was pretty annoyed. Irish people seem hell-bent on spoiling Love/Hate too, you have to stay off all social media 'til you've seen it! Even at that you get 'exclusives' from certain newspapers revealing upcoming plots, like it's a bloody soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

I've been meaning to start Love/Hate for ages, and by done miracle haven't heard a thing that happens, but better get on it snappy!!

Ruined GoT for myself by clicking on an article meant for book readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Game of Thrones
    Had Joffreys death spoiled. Read an article on the Monday morning on whatculture, waiting til Monday night to watch it, top 20 tv deaths of all time, he was number 1, queue serious rage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Mr E wrote: »
    Given the forum that you're in, please stick to TV shows (just in case that isn't obvious, like) :)

Edit: I'll rename thread when I'm not on my phone.

Jesus. You're like Victor Mildrew lately.

Ive seen threads in TV before that cover both Film and TV and Ive seen threads in Film that have covered both TV and Film.

You should probably focus more on cleaning up the mess of a TV menu than being pedantic about thread titles tbh.

Ah grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Wouldn't call it a major twist but someone over on the DC Comic twitter account a few weeks ago decided to ask followers to discuss something that happened on Arrow (season 3 episode 1)
    Sara Lance died
    As it only started yesterday over here in Sky, there was a lot of unhappy posters with DC for spoiling the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Smushie1

I had the season 8 finale of Grey's Anatomy spoiled. I was in the middle of my leaving cert and I'd avoided all the spoilers until an hour before it aired on RTE. I was on Facebook and saw someone's status saying how they're going to fail their exam the next day because they have to watch Greys tonight. Someone then commented on it giving away all the twists so,"now you've no excuse not to study". I'm still raging over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I accidentally read a wikipedia page that spoiled something about the Walking Dead for me. I started watching it during Season 3 so while I was catching up I looked up something only I scrolled too far. :( It really spoiled the tension of Season 2 for me, knowing that
    Sophia was in the barn all along
    . I have only myself to blame though so technically it isn't a 'true' spoiler. I was gutted though! Really regretted doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Sparko

End of Dexter season 4. FX took so long to show it over here so not surprising really. I had the show liked on Facebook and they posted about the shocking finale, I was disgusted. Was a great season but that ruined it for me before it even began over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always remember RTE spoiling an episode of Lost when showing the ad for the episode.

It was the episode where
    Desmond told Charlie at the end that he was gonna die. and that was the exact scene they had in the ad.

Thankfully, I had already seen the episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement