Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted houses/castles bascailly haunted places

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Listening to niall boylan live from wicklow gaol....their claiming its haunted and all that jazz

Think it pure garbage

Are you a believer? Have you been scared in a haunted place? Found the experience to be bull

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Specialun wrote: »
    Listening to niall boylan live from wicklow gaol....their claiming its haunted and all that jazz

Think it pure garbage

Are you a believer? Have you been scared in a haunted place? Found the experience to be bull
    Don't look behind you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I know a fella that was haunted.

Won two grand on the local gaa lotto.

Haunted fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The words 'I do'

They haunt me

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

It's all a set up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

how come ghosts feature in civilizations throughout time that were geographically separated by great distances.

Egyptian, Mayan, Japanese, Inuit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Why do all ghosts speak English,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

how come ghosts feature in civilizations throughout time that were geographically separated by great distances.

Cos bull**** is a universal phenomenon. No bull required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Specialun wrote: »

Think it pure garbage

A lot of bs in a lot of cases I think, but I don't mind the thrill of possibility sometimes.
    I was in Leap castle at night, and there's a bit of a feel about the place alright, toilet trips were swift. Mr M stayed there a few times, i wouldn't be very comfortable doing so, but I probably would stay, provided I can stay wrapped up around him with no need to step out of the bed under any circumstance, and a thick duvet to hide under. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Loftus Hall in Wexford, worth a Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Radio is for life

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    It's all a set up.

You mean they are not real ghosts. Dah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Mary loves Dick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Because it has always been a well known fact that Ireland will let any nationality in as long as they open a fast food restaurant, for a long time in the past Gengis Khan was a latter day Gorden Ramsey and was famed for his "Elephant Testicles ona stick" although most reports said they tasted like chicken

A lot of bs in a lot of cases I think, but I don't mind the thrill of possibility sometimes.
    I was in Leap castle at night, and there's a bit of a feel about the place alright, toilet trips were swift. Mr M stayed there a few times, i wouldn't be very comfortable doing so, but I probably would stay, provided I can stay wrapped up around him with no need to step out of the bed under any circumstance, and a thick duvet to hide under. ;)

Good idea because a ghost that can walk through solid concrete walls is going to be totally flummoxed when it comes to getting through bed linen :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Ruu wrote: »
    Mary loves Dick!

Qué?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Because people's minds play tricks with them in the dark and up until the 20th century, there was no electric lighting so most people spent a lot of time in dark and dimly lit rooms

Evolution favours the jumpy mind. If you hear a rustling in the bushes and you think it's a wolf and go on high alert, you're more likely to survive than if you hear a rustling and presume it's the wind.

Add this to the fact that the human brain is hard wired to search for other human faces/figures. Pareidolia is the term used to describe the illusions we can see in ordinary objects due to our pattern seeking brain. If we encounter something that looks like it might be a human face, our brain does a remarkable job of filling in the missing detail to make that face appear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Chunners wrote: »
    Good idea because a ghost that can walk through solid concrete walls is going to be totally flummoxed when it comes to getting through bed linen :p

Duvets are great, they protect you from ghosts, spiders, intruders, the day you have to face, the world ... They're kind of special like that :D
    There isn't a hope in hell I'd leave a toe out on that occasion, I just ain't having my toe poked, and I think there's poking going on in Leap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

How come there's never any reports of caveman ghosts, or even ghosts of other hominids which have been around these geographic areas a lot longer than modern humans? They're always from the recent past. Funny that.

Duvets are great, they protect you from ghosts, spiders, intruders, the day you have to face, the world ... They're kind of special like that :D
    There isn't a hope in hell I'd leave a toe out on that occasion, I just ain't having my toe poked, and I think there's poking going on in Leap.

Lucky for you then that ghosts don't have to obey the laws of physics so while walking through a wall may be like walking through candy floss for them putting their hand into a feather filled Duvet is probably like trying to karate chop a concrete block :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I eat clocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Look up Carlow Shopping Centre, it used to be an old Gaol.

Not sayin it's haunted but there's never anyone in the feckin thing so it's always creepy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

My Jax is Haunted ! Every time I go in there I feel very cold, and get the smell of sh...shi... shirts being washed

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

c_man wrote: »
    How come there's never any reports of caveman ghosts, or even ghosts of other hominids which have been around these geographic areas a lot longer than modern humans? They're always from the recent past. Funny that.

I dont know. I dont contend they do or dont exist. I asked that question - re; geographic spread and consistent report. You cant answer it all you can do is rant and spit breakfast roll crumbs at your screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Wicklow Gaol are now taking bookings for "An Evening with Ian Paisley and Acker Bilk".

Advertisement