Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drippers ? Just dont get it

Options
  • 30-10-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Every review i watch/read they all rave about the flavor from RDA's , i got the quasar and i got the magma clones.

I have tried coils ranging from .5 /1.6 single and dual , big and small , cotton tight and loose , i have tried them on mechanical i have tried them on vw devices up to 20 watts.

But i just cant get anything close to what i would call a good flavor let alone a flavor that most people seem to regard as the benchmark for tasting eliquid.

Most of my juices i have tried with a dripper i find the complete opposite , most i couldnt even identify the flavour when dripping , i get the clouds no problem but no flavour.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Are you using cotton or silica ?

I find on a mech that a .3 dual build with Japanese cotton just chucks the flavor.
    Try tightening down the airflow, should up the flavor a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Yeah i use cotton , have tried all manner of airflow from single 1ml to double 3ml holes , i havent gone below .5 i find that verging on too hot for me

If your using a magma then i have no idea why your not in flavor heaven, Try taking off the driptip and pulling straight from the cap.

Other than that i dunno man :/

If your using a magma then i have no idea why your not in flavor heaven, Try taking off the driptip and pulling straight from the cap.

Other than that i dunno man :/

Jesus no , the drip tip can get hot enough , how do you wrap your coils , i wrap mine tight as in like a micro coil ? this is about the only area left that i havent varied ?

Only have my big dripper handy, this build is fantastic I always coil my drippers in a similar fashion

P9YI5rX.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks Rony

masonchat wrote: »
    Thanks Rony

No problem, let me know how you get on !

Dripping is a wonderful thing once you nail it.

Ok i have finally got flavor in my magma , did a dual coil 7 wraps on 2ml drill bit .4 wire came out at .4 omhs and moved coils down closer to the air holes , next time i will try it with .2 wire and aim for .7omh , but yeah good flavour alright

masonchat wrote: »
    Ok i have finally got flavor in my magma , did a dual coil 7 wraps on 2ml drill bit .4 wire came out at .4 omhs and moved coils down closer to the air holes , next time i will try it with .2 wire and aim for .7omh , but yeah good flavour alright

WOOOOOOOOO

If your up at Vapefest we are running a dripper work shop, can learn all the tips from the pros :P

WOOOOOOOOO

If your up at Vapefest we are running a dripper work shop, can learn all the tips from the pros :P

Its too far for me im afraid, let me know what they tell ya though haha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Looks like an awful lot of cotton in that photo mate, try less cotton and make sure the airholes are hitting the coils.
    Drippers, like tanks, are sometimes hit and miss for me, but one thing is always true (again for me), the flavour from a dripper is always better than a tank, even a Kayfun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Didihno wrote: »
    Looks like an awful lot of cotton in that photo mate, try less cotton and make sure the airholes are hitting the coils.
    Drippers, like tanks, are sometimes hit and miss for me, but one thing is always true (again for me), the flavour from a dripper is always better than a tank, even a Kayfun.

Looks perfect to me, it actually made me get up off my lazy ass and grab my tobh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I duno but at ohms that low flavor is gona suffer to the benefit of vapor. A 1.8 to 2.2 ohm coil probally is best for flavor. using 50/50 pg vg the vapor is good enough to watch swirl for a while. Nor cloud chasing stuff but thats what sub ohm is for, not flavor.

Advertisement