Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Riding Lesson for Ladies via AIRE

Options
  • 30-10-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

AIRE are doing a free voucher for a riding lesson for ladies at approved centres - details on their website - email your details & they will email you the voucher

I've done mine - can't wait!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Odelay

Why just ladies :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

Odelay wrote: »
    Why just ladies :-(

Not sure?? Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Can't get on to the website, it says they've exceeded their bandwith :/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Can't get on to the website, it says they've exceeded their bandwith :/

If you know your nearest AIRE centre or where you would like the voucher for just email your name, address, ph no & the centre to info@aire.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

It's something got to do with women in sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    It's something got to do with women in sport.

Interesting, I'm all for encouraging people to try new sports and I guess there are a lot of sports where men are in the majority, hence it makes a lot of sense to find ways to encourage more women to take part. One thing I've noticed is that in a lot of horse riding disciplines where young people are competing, is that seems that the majority of competitors are female and I would have thought that there might be a drive to try get more young men/boys involved. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyhow, I reckon that anything that promotes horse riding is to be welcomed & sure maybe next time the boys will get a similar offer :)

Tina, hope you have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

dave66 wrote: »
    Interesting, I'm all for encouraging people to try new sports and I guess there are a lot of sports where men are in the majority, hence it makes a lot of sense to find ways to encourage more women to take part. One thing I've noticed is that in a lot of horse riding disciplines where young people are competing, is that seems that the majority of competitors are female and I would have thought that there might be a drive to try get more young men/boys involved. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyhow, I reckon that anything that promotes horse riding is to be welcomed & sure maybe next time the boys will get a similar offer :)

Tina, hope you have a great time!

Prehaps they're looking at the top competitors? An awful lot of disciplines are majority male dominated at higher levels. I do agree that at lower levels, there's women everywhere :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

They've called it a "Return to Horse Riding " programme for Women.

Advertisement