Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holles Street Park By Text

Options
  • 30-10-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Has anyone used a park by text option when they went to the hospital?

If so, which one?

Did you have to move the car after 3 hours?

I registered for Park By Text because the missus kept badgering me, but it looks like they only have very limited places where you can use the service, the nearest being Connolly Station.

Then I look at parkingtag.ie and for Dublin City it says it's restricted to 3 hours of parking.

All I want to do is park the car and not have to run out to meter every other hour while she's in labour!

Very frustrated, any help would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

All on street parking in dublin is limited to 3 hours. You are rarely caught for meter feeding or putting extra time on by text but neither is actually allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JonnyStout

Just don't want to be clamped after coming out of the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Been there done that last month when Mrs Bojack was.

The payzone app works well enough.
    You can just roll into a new period if the 3hrs is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

JonnyStout wrote: »
    Just don't want to be clamped after coming out of the hospital

I've parked hundreds of times in Dublin city and been clamped loads of times but never for staying more than three hours. As long as you're paid up, they don't care how long you've been on the same street, the lads in the clamper vans certainly don't care.

Advertisement