Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween films

Options
  • 30-10-2014 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Just a quick thread to name movies on TV tomorrow night or any Halloween movie people would enjoy tomorrow that arnt going out.

Any suggestions would be great as I'm going blank for a good movie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Film 4 are doing a Halloween weekend:

http://www.film4.com/whats-on/halloween-weekend-on-film4

And here's a link to some other horror films showing over the next few nights on TV:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/halloween-2014-films-to-watch-on-tv-from-scary-movie-4-to-paranormal-activity-9821249.html

Mostly guff, but there are a few gems scattered amongst them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

The local Irish channels don't seem to be up to much for the auk Halloween film

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Could RTE not have thrown something on for Halloween other than Scent of a Woman, get in the spirit of things? I remember when they used to have multiple scary films on both channels, not just on Halloween night but for two or three nights. Remember when they had Podge and Rodge some years introducing them for the entire evening (starting with Sabrina) and on through the night? I realize in the days of the internet and dedicated satellite channels there isn't the same atmosphere but if they're going to show some movie, surely they might as well put on a halloween one. God forbid they'd be accused of celebrating a pagan holiday....

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Could RTE not have thrown something on for Halloween other than Scent of a Woman, get in the spirit of things? I remember when they used to have multiple scary films on both channels, not just on Halloween night but for two or three nights. Remember when they had Podge and Rodge some years introducing them for the entire evening (starting with Sabrina) and on through the night? I realize in the days of the internet and dedicated satellite channels there isn't the same atmosphere but if they're going to show some movie, surely they might as well put on a halloween one. God forbid they'd be accused of celebrating a pagan holiday....

Fright Night was on RTE 2, but something like The Omen would have been perfect after the Late Late, for some light relief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Fright Night was on RTE 2, but something like The Omen would have been perfect after the Late Late, for some light relief

I think some of the stories told on the Late Late were far worse than what happened in The Omen..

• Advertisement
Advertisement