Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Water Protest ?

Options
  • 30-10-2014 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

2pm Saturday 1th November Grand Parade Cork City
    Please support if you can.
    Also spread the word.
    Thanks.
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Very impressive turnout, several times the size of the last one. Particularly impressive given the awful weather today. Well done to whoever put it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

who_me wrote: »
    Very impressive turnout, several times the size of the last one. Particularly impressive given the awful weather today. Well done to whoever put it together.

Well there was more than the three of us !!!
    I was worried.

Any numbers on how many ?
    15k +

I was waiting by the Imperial to join my family as I was 10min late.
    Major crowd passed before I found them and a major crowd behind them, so well done to everybody who came out in this crappy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

scudo2 wrote: »
    I was worried.

15k +

Major crowd passed before I found them and a major crowd behind them, so well done to everybody who came out in this crappy day.

10k Newstalk
    5-7 Indo
    3-7 96fm
    2-3 RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

evilivor wrote: »
    10k Newstalk
    5-7 Indo
    3-7 96fm
    2-3 RTE.

What a load ofBollox !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Was there myself. What struck me was the sheer amount of regular people there as opposed to political activists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

scudo2 wrote: »
    I was worried.

15k +

I've no idea of the numbers.

But from my vantage point, the crowd the previous weekend stretched about the full length of Merchants' Quay. This time, by seeing when the head reached Patrick St., then looking for a noticeable banner at the far end and seeing when that reached Patrick St. etc., this protest must have had 5+ times the attendance of the previous weekend.

Advertisement