Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to break into the animation/games industry as a designer

Options
  • 30-10-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Guys,

I have studied for 3 years in Ballyfermot, I went for a diploma (originally for the degree) I didn't pass the course though because I didn't pass animation which is mandatory.

I have never stopped practicing and have done some freelance digital painting for people but nothing that would shine on a CV.

I have reached a somewhat decent standard even though I still have plenty to learn, and wonder if anyone who's familiar with the industry or hopefully in it, tell advise me on what they think my next best option would be.

I'm currently working full time in IT just to keep money coming in. I'm 24 and still living at home purely because I don't want to get wrapped in bills and such and get stuck in that rut, though I feel I already am in one.

I need to get some momentum back up and any help would be much appreciated.

can probably find some of my work if you google pauldeasydesign.

It won't let me add links here.

Thanks

Advertisement