Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heaters

Options
  • 30-10-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My storage heaters are only working intermittently some mornings they work others they don't. I've not changed any settings from last year so I don't understand why they won't work.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Could be time could be wiring or heater itself. You will need an electrician to pin down the fault.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It could also be that there is a thermostat that only switches on storage heaters if the overnight temperature is below a certain value.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

Collo78 wrote: »
    My storage heaters are only working intermittently some mornings they work others they don't. I've not changed any settings from last year so I don't understand why they won't work.

Its a timer issue. If the heaters are controled by a Sangamo brand clock it may be that the Sangamo is programmed to only come on every second day. Sangamo clock can be easily adjusted but it may not be acessable as ESB generally seal them, is the clock a Sangamo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdL4I_PvPE

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Collo78

It could also be that there is a thermostat that only switches on storage heaters if the overnight temperature is below a certain value.

I don't think so but it sounds plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

How expensive are these to run? On average what would your ESB Bills based on a 4 bed house?

• Advertisement
Advertisement