Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2" and 15mm

Options
  • 30-10-2014 12:47pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am going to change some rad valves. Are 15mm fittings compatible with old 1:2" instantor fittings? If not, how do I get around it?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

They'll work but not ideal. Alot of rad valves are 15mm anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Wearb wrote: »
    I am going to change some rad valves. Are 15mm fittings compatible with old 1:2" instantor fittings? If not, how do I get around it?

Most valves sold in Ireland are 1/2"

If 15mm then change compression ring to 1/2"

Often easier to get a plumber as their use to doing it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

When I remove the old rad valve I will be left with a 1/2" olive and nut on the pipe. Will the new 15mm compression end fit onto the existing olive and nut?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Wearb wrote: »
    When I remove the old rad valve I will be left with a 1/2" olive and nut on the pipe. Will the new 15mm compression end fit onto the existing olive and nut?

It will do and if there is a small difference when you tighten the nut the olive will move and seal up in to the valve

Advertisement