Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Numnahs & Boots

Options
  • 30-10-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

How do you wash yours? My mare is grey and shedding like crazy, so when they go in the washing machine they come out with the grey hairs that were originally under the numnah, all over it! Tendon neoprene boots are proving hard to clean too.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Numnahs go into the washing machine, although sometimes I brush them before I put them in to try and get rid of the hairs. For the boots, I get a bucket of water and a water/dandy brush and wash them by hand. It may take a little scrubbing, but I've found it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Boots and numnahs in the washing machine :) I do have a "magic brush" that I got in Home Store & More that is great for taking any hair off before I throw them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

bob1984 wrote: »
    Boots and numnahs in the washing machine :) I do have a "magic brush" that I got in Home Store & More that is great for taking any hair off before I throw them in.

Oh!

Could you send me the link to that please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Oh!

Could you send me the link to that please? :)

I am not actually sure if they still sell them - but they are great and you can get them in some pet stores too - they are rubber so there is some static action that really lifts the hairs. Everyone in my yard bought one for their grooming kit when we discovered them :)

I found a link to one:
    Pet%20Hair%20Remover%20Brush%20revised_400.jpg

Advertisement