Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Paint Colour - Different Shades on Bumper / Other Metal Parts

Options
  • 30-10-2014 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Is it normal behaviour for some cars paint to show a different shade on different parts of the car that are plastic / fibreglass / different metal? I swear the front bumper of my Avensis (in olive green seen here) is a slightly different shade especially in some light but then other times it seems to blend perfectly depending on light / angle.

I then started noticing this on other similar colour Toyota's (mainly Avensis) where the bumper and petrol flap were slightly brighter - is this the case for Toyota and other manufacturers and their plastics used or paint or am I just seeing things? I'm almost coming to the point where I'm thinking, feck it - get it painted in case it was replaced before with the wrong colour because someone else thought it was the same in a certain light. The Avensis has so many similar silvery green colours. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Assuming the car has not had any bodywork it is not unusual at all I'm afraid, some cars/colour combos are worse than others. Ford Focus silver bumpers rarely match the rest of the car.

Advertisement