Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dent Repair

Options
  • 30-10-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

Went down to my car this morning and seen this. Any idea how much this would be to get fixed?

Dent_zps824802e0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

It really depends, minimum you're talking a few hundred, depends how good you want it fixed to be honest. What year is the car? Dont see them being able to pull that out with the fact some of it is along the crease, I could be wrong though as I am not a panel beater. May be able to pull the bottom part out (From wheel up to the fold / crease,) then fillers to get the contours and kink correct before respraying the complete panel. Also any idea at all what happened it because for it to kink like that along the fold took a decent bit of force, I mean someone just leaning against it didnt do that to it, unless they had something solid in their pocket, and ran at great speed at it! But theres no severe scrape or scuff marks as if another car was turning and caught it, no shoe print or smear if it was someones boot, was it a wheely bin or something like that, was it windy last night, did you hear anything?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks nasty that. Probably way beyond what paintless dent removal could do.

I'd say it'll costs several hundred Euros to fix. Only a bodyshop could give you an accurate estimate however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

is that a k12 micra?

worst case imo proably 2-300 to supply, paint and fit a spurious wing.

possibly half that if you would accept that wing beaten and filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks. No idea what happened, was parked outside our apartment block. That's the passenger side so couldn't have been another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Isopon

I should have you lads pricing jobs for me. With them prices i could retire. Its a popular colour so you could get a secondhand wing. Or if i was doing that job i wouldnt charge more than 250 and thats inc a new wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Send picture to Shane in Carcraft and he will give you a quote via email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

head to findapart .ie they have a lash of parts there with pictures fpr eveything you
    used it a good few times and very reasonable hope it helps

Advertisement