Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS3 Problem - Help Urgently Needed -

Options
  • 30-10-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I have a PS3 Slim version and when we went to turn it on the other day it switched on for a second and then turned itself off again. I have searched the fourms for help and found nothing that seems to work for definite.

I would think of investing in a PS4 but I think Santa is bringing the kids quite a few ps3 games and paraphernalia and I understand the elves may have already packaged them ready for delivery !!

So I am desperate in need of help, any advice??? Or somewhere in Dublin City Centre that you might recommend for repair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

After unit turned off is the red led flashing, is it gone or like normal? Did you hear any beeps before it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

budman9 wrote: »
    After unit turned off is the red led flashing, is it gone or like normal? Did you hear any beeps before it happened?

Hey thanks for commenting, no flashing it just turns off and returns to standby state. No flashing or beeping. It beeps when I turn it on like it always did and should but it just then goes back to standby immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

hey buddy, i know you dont want to hear this but i had a ps3 that done the same thing and in the end it was a (ylod) once this happens they rarely work for long even after a fix is applied, sorry for the bad news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Thanks ufc, I've dropped it in to a repair shop and they said at first glance it didn't appear to be the ylod and they think it may be a power supply issue, but they will know more one they open it up. Will see what happens

Advertisement