Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time do pharmacies generally open?

Options
  • 30-10-2014 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Im asking because my asthma is acting up and I dont have any inhalers. There are 2 pharmacies not far from me but I dont know if theyll open at 8 or 9. The internet is not providing me with any answers so far.

I really hope its 8, I dont want to sit here for the next hour forcing myself to breathe, struggling to draw in air, listening to my chest rattle and weeze... :( I fúcking hate having asthma so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Boots on Patrick St. open at 8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

have a fag you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Im asking because my asthma is acting up and I dont have any inhalers. There are 2 pharmacies not far from me but I dont know if theyll open at 8 or 9. The internet is not providing me with any answers so far.

I really hope its 8, I dont want to sit here for the next hour forcing myself to breathe, struggling to draw in air, vlistening to my chest rattle and weeze... :( I fúcking hate having asthma so much!
    Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Paulownia wrote: »
    Where are you?

Galway

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I *think* University Pharmacy opposite the hospital opens at 8. Boots on Shop Street is 9, but I think the chemist just down from it is 8.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lilblankdress2

Sorry I'm in Dublin so cannot help (would have went over with an inhaler) most pharmacies wont open til 9 but if you feel like you cant breath get yourself to the emergency department for a neb. Main thing is don't panic as this just makes you feel worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Galway

Sorry can't help, don't know about Galway pharmacies

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I *think* University Pharmacy opposite the hospital opens at 8. Boots on Shop Street is 9, but I think the chemist just down from it is 8.30

Apparently it doesnt actually open till 9.

Im always surprised by pharmacies short opening hours. Well I know its not short, but apart from a few late night pharmacies (which only stay open for an extra 3 hours anyways!) I wouldve thought that pharmacies would be open for some time longer. Ive had to drag myself to the hospital at 12.15am before simply because no pharmacy was open.

Looks like Im going to have to power through till 9 then I guess. Load of bollocks, I hate asthma so much. I hate being cursed with this rubbish. Ive had so many great nights ruined because of my crap pair of lungs. In fairness its absolutely no ones fault but my own, I started getting asthma when I started smoking, and its only gotten worse the past 6 years...

General asthma hate thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Most towns have a pharmacy on call with the details in the window/door of the other pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Really annoying thing when looking for a pharmacy late at night is that loads of them leave on the lights for that green cross symbol, but the shop is actually closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

TheZohan wrote: »
    Boots on Patrick St. open at 8.30.
    OP is in "Mumha", is there a Patrick's street there?

Advertisement