Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst drooking you ever got?

Options
  • 30-10-2014 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Half way home from the pub, the heavens opened, my shoes are ringing, my jeans are ringing, my fleece is ringing, my tshirt is ringing, hell, even my hair is ringing and I'm bald as a coot. Going to take me ages in front of the fire to dry off.:(

What's the worst soaking you ever got?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bells ring. Wet clothes wring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Haven't been drooked in a long while :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

endacl wrote: »
    Bells ring. Wet clothes wring.
    Mine's are wringing that much they are humming.

So . . . ringing!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Pub on a Wednesday night?

No recession in some parts!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mine's are wringing that much they are humming.

So . . . ringing!:pac:

Mine was last Sunday morning, taking photographs of a wild and stormy Atlantic from Dunquin Pier. Big bastard of a wave came crashing over the sea wall. I've been as wet before, but never as instantly wet!

Got some nice moody shots though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I've never heard that word before.. 'drooking'
    I'm scared
    What's happening?

Pub on a Wednesday night?

No recession in some parts!:pac:
    Best night of the week to avoid people moaning about the recession.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ah where would you be going with no bell on your bike and your knickers wringing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Best night of the week to avoid people moaning about the recession.:p

True enough.

Bottle of Spar's finest Red for me tonight.

ardle1 wrote: »
    I've never heard that word before.. 'drooking'
    I'm scared
    What's happening?
    Drooking, drooked, drook?

Means soaked to the skin? Drenched?

Do they not teach Donegal English in the schools any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coming home from college about 3 years ago the road was flooded about 3 stops from my house and the driver was refusing to move. Not knowing how long he was going to be stuck there I decided to get off and walk. Stepped off the bus into freezing cold water which was just below my knees, within a minute the rain had soaked through my jacket, hoodie, and tshirt, also through my bag ruining notes and books, also managed to get a full on wave of water from a passing car but didn't care by that point.

Needless to say just to top things off the bus passed by my stop just as I got to it.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Ah where would you be going with no bell on your bike and your knickers wringing?
    Old lad near me stopped on the way home from the pub by the local law.

'What have we here Francie Mickey Johhny? No front light? No back light? No bell? No brakes?'

Francie Mickey Johnny looks at him with a cheeky grin

'No bike at all Sergeant'

:pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Coming home from college about 3 years ago the road was flooded about 3 stops from my house and the driver was refusing to move. Not knowing how long he was going to be stuck there I decided to get off and walk. Stepped off the bus into freezing cold water which was just below my knees, within a minute the rain had soaked through my jacket, hoodie, and tshirt, also through my bag ruining notes and books, also managed to get a full on wave of water from a passing car but didn't care by that point.

Needless to say just to top things off the bus passed by my stop just as I got to it.
    Now that's a drookin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Why didn't you just answer the phone's ?

Why didn't you just answer the phone's ?

The phone was wringing as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

Just started a new job a few years back. First or second day, I was getting off the bus on the way into work when suddenly it starts PISSING down. Absolutely no shelter from the bus stop to the office and it's about a 500 metre walk. No umbrella with me and no waterproofs either.

I got into the office looking like a drowned rat and had to sit at my desk the whole day like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Turtyturd wrote: »

I don't think it is possible to get any more drooked than this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

The worst 'pissed on' I ever got was when I drove up to my brothers apartment in drogheda as there was a party going that evening and the next day.

So I drove up there and mellowed out with a few (there was a storm brewing that night little did I know) beers, and some genius pulled out a 12 pack of wine bottles of strong-stuff, so, as ye do, you get stuck into them with the party getting going with good music.

Along came a bottle of Jack-Daniels after I had already drank 2 bottles of wine (greedily) I like good wine. So after a few shots of whiskey I just left the party to get some air and I walked out in the starting rain and brisk wind. I walked for 30 minutes through the fields and ditches with the remainder of whiskey bottle and the rain came down hard, the wind was serious as it blew me into a ditch as well.

I decided there was nowhere else with shelter so I just lied down and enjoyed the storm 100 kph on my back, and then the storm kicked in hard. I still lay there all night till the morning soaked to bits with bushes and tumble-weeds stuck to my neck and colar of my coat.

It was a great feeling waking up covered in all sorts of farm anomalies and twigs including a lot of grass which I can't figure out, as the grass was all over me as well. Luckily for me I still had a quarter of whiskey left to put in my oesophagus to bring me around. Wet would be an understatement. Pure bliss it was in nature and a storm being blown all over the place.

That's the only best one I can think of, as nothing ever came close to the reality of that one, being in, and sleeping in a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Drooking, drooked, drook?

Means soaked to the skin? Drenched?

Do they not teach Donegal English in the schools any more?

I know that Donemana isn't in Donegal, but it's close enough. I was umpiring a cricket match in which Donemana were playing. The only word they said that I could understand was "Hai!". It sounded like they were speaking a foreign language. It's the only time that I haven't been able to understand an Irish accent.

After the game one of the players mother said to me, "I minded ye from a few years ago." I was bemused by that until it dawned on me a few minutes later that what she meant was that she remembered me from a few years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Got very wet in the shower there a minute ago. Soaked. Worse than any rain. Gonna take me ages to dry off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My oh brought me to the zoo for my birthday. It was nice when we were leaving for Dublin, so I wore a dress and those ballet pumps. Yeah, when we got to Dublin, it was torrential rain. I was soaked through. We walked around for about 3 hours in torrential rain. It was so bad we didn't even meet any other people. Then sitting in my wet clothes for the two hours it took to get home. I was sick for weeks.

Another time would have been the flash floods in Dublin about this time of year back in 2011. We got thrown off the luas at the museum and I was parked at heuston station. There was water up past my knees. Soaked was not the word. I took off my trousers in the car, thinking I'd spin home no problem, except there was hours of delay, and me sitting on the n4 in my underwear.

Advertisement