Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: FIFA 15 - Good/ Bad

Options
  • 29-10-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

I'm super dissapointed in FIFA 15 and thought it might be interesting to poll boardsers on their take. So, FIFA 15 - Good/ Bad?

FIFA 15 - Good/ Bad 67 votes

Good
    0% 0 votes
    Bad
    100% 67 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've only being playing it a couple of days so I'm afraid I must withhold judgement on it for the time being.

On first thoughts though, like I said in the other thread, it has its blatant flaws (e.g trying to do way too much with the goalkeepers causing them to act irrationally at times) but I still don't think it's as bad as a lot of people are making out.

That said, maybe my opinion will change later on after a couple of weeks of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pity theres no "Good, but needs work" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

miralize wrote: »
    Pity theres no "Good, but needs work" option.

Thought i'd cut out the faff.

The way I see it, i'm not going to play it anymore as it pisses me off too much, so it's bad. If someone chooses to play it, it must be good. Nice and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've played fifa since religiously since '09, played it way too much tbh. I then bought an Xbox One when Fifa 15 came out, on seasons I think I've won the title 4 out of 4 times, in UT I've played six seasons won 4 titles, relegated or held once and then promoted once.
    I don't think I've played it in about a week now despite having ample free time - that says it all for me. It gets a big fat MEH from me.

Same here except rather than 'meh', it just pisses me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

OP you sound seriously bitter about this year. There are a few small improvements and yes it has it's flaws. So did 14. So did 13. And so on. Fairly standard for EA. There'll probably be a big 'next gen' jump in the coming years when everyone has the new consoles but for now I'd say it'll be more of the same.

What makes this year so much worse than say last year that it's caused you to snap? They've been doing it for quite a while.

I like FIFA 15. I think the defending is more challenging this year, I've found multiplayer games to have a lot of goals in them. Keepers can be frustrating. But I think career mode is a little better this year, menus have been improved.

Bit on the meh side but I'd give it a solid 6/10 FIFA standards, in overall game standards it's still easily an 8.5/10.

I'm not bitter, 'i'm just very dissapointed'.

I thought 14 was great. Much better. Must crack it out actually. If PES isn't retaking the mantle as I expect they might, it will be 14 for at least a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm not bitter, 'i'm just very dissapointed'.

I thought 14 was great. Much better. Must crack it out actually. If PES isn't retaking the mantle as I expect they might, it will be 14 for at least a year.

Last year there was outrage over OP headers from corners and sweaty crosses, not to mention a lot of criticism of the lowering of the pace of the game. I didn't go on boards when 13 came out but id assume much of the same happened.Happens every year.

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

I'm really disappointed with it. I didn't buy 14 but can see this game being traded in pretty soon. Don't waste your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

15 is so much better than14. The "op" tactics are far easier to defend than last year. I feel that the game rewards better play than in last years. Not sure it's as good as 12 was but that was excellent.

I know people want the likes of Ibarbo to not be busted but in a computer game pacey strong players are always going to be excellent as programming human intelligence is almost impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

14 was sh1te, it bugged the hell out of me. Seasons annoys me this year because of the repetitive nature of it (following on from 14), so much so that I gave up on it. First time I've ever had a negative win/loss ratio too. UT is just gash.

The only thing that's kept it alive for me is the pro clubs and now the league Axwell is running. At least I know I'm not going to come up against Real all the time or cnuts who just play the one way.

TL;DR: it's sh1te, but has some redeeming features.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Got this free with the xbox so i gave it a chance, wasnt impressed with 14 and while this is better then 14, im not impressed with it, and as ive won 4 leagues in a row, im not basing my opinion on a win/loss record.

What ive noticed is, unlike last years game, you cant score with every cross that gets put it in, there is still chip balls over the top, but not as much as 14, Shooting is harder, but when you score with a close range shot, the keepers seem to dive out of the way,

My main fault with this game is lads have just pacey players and just run with the ball, they dont pass it, they just run run run every chance they get, as defenders seem to find it tough against pace.

I taught fifa 13 was the best game ive played and feel the last 2 games have been poor to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think good overall but the only part I really hate is the amount of penalties that are given (to both me and my opposition). In the last game I played I gave away 2 and the other guy 1 and all were very borderline. Glad they fixed corners though in FifA 14 it was a bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JimmyD85

I heard it's too fast and next to impossible to defend against the really fast players? My friend is already trading his in and he's been a FIFA fan since 09. He says he might go back to PES now.

I was very close to buying an Xbox One specifically for the game (don't have the time for anything else), but after hearing stuff like this I'm really glad I didn't. Gives me another year to wait for the console price to come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I think good overall but the only part I really hate is the amount of penalties that are given (to both me and my opposition). In the last game I played I gave away 2 and the other guy 1 and all were very borderline. Glad they fixed corners though in FifA 14 it was a bit of a joke

Penalties are crazy in 15. Just off the top of my head, I conceded one today in UT when my keeper punched the ball from a corner, an opposition player collapsed as my keeper jumped and the ref gave a penalty. I don't even want to talk about the likes of Doumbia. There'll always be overpowered features I suppose but, as someone who prefers possession to counter attacking, it's been an irritating edition of FIFA.

Played it a lot more now and I love it!!

Not really, don't hate it as much though but then that's just me becoming familiar with it.

Advertisement