Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New volkswagen passat b8 oops

Options
  • 29-10-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Volkswagen have to scrap 700 new passats due to a software error with the robots they weren't welding the bodies correctly due to random checks it wasn"t spotted say E30000 per car .. 21 million euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They can write off the cost of producing them against tax or something though.

Also, the cost to actually build the car is quite low, its the design/development that costs.

Embarrassing mistake though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

noelf wrote: »
    Volkswagen have to scrap 700 new passats due to a software error with the robots they weren't welding the bodies correctly due to random checks it wasn"t spotted say E30000 per car .. 21 million euro

It wouldn't cost VW 30k to produce the car either I would imagine.

kceire wrote: »
    It wouldn't cost VW 30k to produce the car either I would imagine.

They're not in it for the money if it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chances are they will turn up on donedeal at a bargain price.:pac:

Any link to this story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Any link to this story?

autobild.de Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, u am pretty sure main components will be taken out and reused. The shells with dodgy welding will be scraped for metal again. It will be man hours and general **** up, but I doubt they will lose that much money on it.

Still, a colossal **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭noelf

Well, u am pretty sure main components will be taken out and reused. The shells with dodgy welding will be scraped for metal again. It will be man hours and general **** up, but I doubt they will lose that much money on it.

Still, a colossal **** up.

I wonder could they use the parts again it would be like buying a second hand car also the time and labor involved ?

Given that AutoBild is basically Auto Express for Germans, I wouldn't take it too literally. Surprised they didn't do an artists impression of what the robot might look like

Advertisement