Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos accounts may contain pork...

Options
  • 29-10-2014 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭

Anyone bright following the Tescos Accounts, erm, "issues"? Seems that the "horse-meat in the burgers" kerfuffle is going to be eclipsed by possibly huge levels of pork in their accounts pie. I'm vague on the details, anyone care to educate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

There what pies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

jamesbere wrote: »
    There what pies

Accounts..pie...pork...porkie pies... ahh, shure you're no use...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Theres this thing called google op. You could be educated there. Just type in "tesco accounts" and click on news.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That said, I won't ever have to eat their accounts.

Theres this thing called google op. You could be educated there. Just type in "tesco accounts" and click on news.

Sounds dull. I'd prefer my fellow intellectuals in AH to provide a bit of slant on it tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Accounts..pie...pork...porkie pies... ahh, shure you're no use...

Ok then moving on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sounds dull. I'd prefer my fellow intellectuals in AH to provide a bit of slant on it tbh..

Why did you ask for details then?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Seems some accountant misplaced 33 odd billion/million/grand (not entirely sure)

My guess is, it's probably in the bagging area.

Why did you ask for details then?

By "details", I meant mad theories involving lizard people, the FBI, smart comments, people having a dig based on nothing more than personal prejudices. And mention of Aldi, Hitler and SF. Them sort of "details".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It has something to do with ordering accounts online but a poorer quality substitute was delivered instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

By "details", I meant mad theories involving lizard people, the FBI, smart comments, people having a dig based on nothing more than personal prejudices. And mention of Aldi, Hitler and SF. Them sort of "details".

Ah OK! Some lizard people did the accounts this year as an attempt to evade the FBI who had made smart comments about last years accounts. Personally I think all FBI are left handed and shop in Aldi or Lidl for the weekly left handed tools offers. There is a suspicious link to Hitler, who was left handed and once attacked Tesco's 1938 accounts. Being lefties, SF are reportedly going to make the fraudulent accounts disappear and provide free groceries for all citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Ah OK! Some lizard people did the accounts this year as an attempt to evade the FBI who had made smart comments about last years accounts. Personally I think all FBI are left handed and shop in Aldi or Lidl for the weekly left handed tools offers. There is a suspicious link to Hitler, who was left handed and once attacked Tesco's 1938 accounts. Being lefties, SF are reportedly going to make the fraudulent accounts disappear and provide free groceries for all citizens.

In fairness, Lidl and Aldi don't just do offers for 'left handed tools'.

I've seen loads of right handed folk comin out of the place with the trolleys full too.

Everything in them from lbs of butter to snorkelling gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Anyone bright following the Tescos Accounts, erm, "issues"? Seems that the "horse-meat in the burgers" kerfuffle is going to be eclipsed by possibly huge levels of pork in their accounts pie. I'm vague on the details, anyone care to educate?

The decimal point got lost, I believe it went to Superquinn shopping and was never seen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

They gambled big time on a race between duck sized horses and horse sized ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't wait for the fire sale. With a fcuk up this large they may as well burn it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Does this compromise the availability of late night munchables ??

please say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It's just misrepresentation of income from suppliers, not the most exciting stuff tbh. Queue a long boring investigation, a bit of a fine and no real change to anything I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

I ate one of they're pie's the other week, tasted just like chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Nodster wrote: »
    I ate one of they're pie's the other week, tasted just like chicken

But the beef pie should taste more like beefy type meat? Unless the chicken was on steeroids:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Ok so basically, products can pay tesco a percentage of what they sell to be put in premium parts in the stores such as eye level, end caps or a promotional stand. Tesco included this extra revenue in it's accounting when they hadn't actually got it from the product manufacturers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement