Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary Experiences 2014 - Halloween Edition

Options
  • 29-10-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Since the aul night of Hallows Eve is almost upon us, I invite you to regale us of your real-life tales of terror to get in the spirit (pardon the pun) of things.

Stories must be interesting. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I ran out of bubblebath last week. That was terrifying, I can assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,110 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Crikey Park are planning on Friday to announce a major gig :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

ONE TIME I WAS HITCHING FOR A LIFT HOME AT NIGHT AND A CAR PULLED IN ABOUT 10 FEET AHEAD THEN I WALKED UP AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THERE WAS A SKELETON DRIVING THE CAR

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82223935&postcount=45

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Lads, truly terrifying responses.

I'm shivering here.

But please, actual scary stories. :)

neo2010 wrote: »
    Lads, truly terrifying responses.

I'm shivering here.

But please, actual scary stories. :)
    I have to walk down a long, dark, tree covered, derelict house lined road to the pub after a while, so there's no fcuking way I'm telling you a scary story just to scare myself sh1tless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

This one time I accidentally the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I have to walk down a long, dark, tree covered, derelict house lined road to the pub after a while, so there's no fcuking way I'm telling you a scary story just to scare myself sh1tless

I know the road, im the monk with wooden leg in case you are wondering .Dunno who batman is or the sexy nurse.

I know the road, im the monk with wooden leg in case you are wondering .Dunno who batman is or the sexy nurse.
    Supposed to be a blue woman on it too. How come every boreen in Ireland has a woman in blue haunting them, but when you look at old photographs, all the ladies were in black and white?

What's a blue woman?

• Advertisement

What's a blue woman?
    Linda Rondstadt :pac:

No, seriously, you've never seen a blue woman at night? Have you ever been out after dark? On a lonely road? When you see shadows move in the corner of your eyes and you hear sounds that are half way between a rustle and a footstep?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

What's a blue woman?

Purveyor of a blue waffle perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

A letter that looked like a wedding invite arrived a few weeks ago with my name on it, was terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Linda Rondstadt :pac:

No, seriously, you've never seen a blue woman at night? Have you ever been out after dark? On a lonely road? When you see shadows move in the corner of your eyes and you hear sounds that are half way between a rustle and a footstep?

The rustling sound is you rooting around in the end of your bag of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I invite you to regale us of your real-life tales of terror

Was having a lazy weekend, just after midnight, I went to the fridge to grab a beer and I was all out. The blood ran cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Today I spent €118 on two books, still not over the shock, €85 for 400 pages paperback, terrifying :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Supposed to be a blue woman on it too. How come every boreen in Ireland has a woman in blue haunting them, but when you look at old photographs, all the ladies were in black and white?

Is there some story about a blue woman because in one of my old primary schools there was a story about the blue nuns (nothing got to do with the wine). It was an old convent, the building was pretty spooky, there were graves in the colonade, there were loads of stories about two nuns, one had killed the other on the old staircase. Everyone hated to use that staircase. You had to repeat some thing in the broken mirror in the bathroom and the blue nuns would appear. I only half remember it, that school used to creep me out though. I wonder if the stories still go around today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I eat clocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One night I was driving back down to college in Waterford, it was late, probably about half one. So, as I'm approaching ballyraggart (tiny village practically abandoned at night) I slow down, and as I'm coming up just towards the closed down hotel, there's this person laying in the middle of the road.

I stopped a good bit back, stopped dead in the road. I thought they were dead. Where they knocked down? Murdered? Badly hurt? All sorts was rushing through my head. I didn't know what to do. I started to reverse the car, I was going to turn and go back towards some part of civilisation to find someone who could help. Just as I started reversing, the person on the road got up.

I stopped again, he's wearing hoodie/tracksuit. Looks like a scumbag young lad. I locked my doors and drove forward, and he walked in towards the front of the old hotel. As I was passing I looked in to see if I could get a better look at him, and noticed there was about 5 of them, all dressed similàr, lurking around.

That pure freaked me out. What would they have done if I got closer to them, or if I had stopped to get out and check your man to see if he was ok?

I always drive with my doors locked now

Great story.

They were probably cannibals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I thought they were Ebola zombies, you know, victims that rose from the dead on the 3rd day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

One night I was driving back down to college in Waterford, it was late, probably about half one. So, as I'm approaching ballyraggart
    Looks like a scumbag young lad.
    That sounds about right for Ballyregret

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I found a toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One night, when I was reading the Exorcist, the lights went off for a second!

Advertisement