Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices around Europe now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

I wish I owned a petrol station in Sweden on the border with Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Twould nearly be worth spinning down to Algeria to fill up for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

9.5c a litre in Saudi!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

€1.38 for a litre of unleaded and most garages near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Ireland - 11th on the list of most expensive petrol in Europe. 8th in the EU.
    10th on the list of most expensive diesel in Europe, 6th in the EU.

Not that bad really, considering salaries in Ireland are among the highest in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Here in Swiss land its about €1.40 for unleaded, €1.42 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

CiniO wrote: »

Not that bad really, considering salaries in Ireland are among the highest in Europe.

It's not salaries keeping up the price of petrol, lads who work in petrol stations aren't exactly rolling in the cash. You might as well have wrote something about the water charges instead for all the relevancy that has.

It's not salaries keeping up the price of petrol, lads who work in petrol stations aren't exactly rolling in the cash. You might as well have wrote something about the water charges instead for all the relevancy that has.

OK - I'm not sure if you understood what I was trying to say.

Considering prices of fuel in Ireland are high but not the highest in the EU, and salaries, in Ireland are nearly the highest in the EU, so average person living in Ireland can afford more fuel than average person living nearly anywhere else in the EU.
    So we are grand.

That's what I wanted to say.

And in relation to water charges - well - petrolheads can live without water, but not without petrol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Soldie wrote: »
    €1.38 for a litre of unleaded and most garages near me.
    1.50 in the whest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

CiniO wrote: »

Pity the road tax rates were not beside the fuel prices though.
    I'm sure that would put Irish driving into more expensive territory then.

• Advertisement

Pity the road tax rates were not beside the fuel prices though.
    I'm sure that would put Irish driving into more expensive territory then.

Surely it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

fin hell albania, 1.43 per lt and monthly wage is about 200 in a good month.

Advertisement