Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suspicious car outside house...!

Options
  • 29-10-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi all,

This is a long shot but I'm wondering if the 07 Audi A4 that's parked outside my house may have been stolen. It's been there for almost 2 weeks now. People usually park there during the day (perhaps working in IFSC) but this hasn't moved.

Should I post the reg up here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Have you tried reporting it to the cops? Would probably be as quick as posting a thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,314 ✭✭✭✭Victor

justback83 wrote: »
    Should I post the reg up here??
    No. You report it to the Garda.

It may be someone on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Victor wrote: »
    No. You report it to the Garda.

It may be someone on holidays.

Cool - will do!

Believe me - nobody would leave a car in this area if they were going on holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Cool - will do!

Believe me - nobody would leave a car in this area if they were going on holidays!

Are the wheels still on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Cool - will do!

Could be Vodafone keeping an eye on you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Is it black ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,411 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pretty sure I saw some random facebook page about stolen cars where someone has an.A4 abandoned outside their house.

Are you in or near tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it an Irish or foreign reg plate?

OP said 07, so I assume it has Irish plates.

OP said 07, so I assume it has Irish plates.

Ya sorry, tried to do a ninja edit but you caught me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Saw a British tv programme, about stolen goods, thieves will park up a high value item somewhere to see if someone comes looking for it, rather than go ripping it apart for a GPS security device.
    If no one comes looking they can move it on.
    Think they rely on the general apathy of people of anything outside their own personal sphere paying any attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Report it to the garda. My brother in laws was parked outside someone's house for 5 weeks after being stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

cerastes wrote: »
    Saw a British tv programme, about stolen goods, thieves will park up a high value item somewhere to see if someone comes looking for it, rather than go ripping it apart for a GPS security device.
    If no one comes looking they can move it on.
    Think they rely on the general apathy of people of anything outside their own personal sphere paying any attention.

it's a seven year old Audi though

goz83 wrote: »
    Could be Vodafone keeping an eye on you ;)

Creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Probably stolen. Had a decent spec Volvo T5 up my way for 2 days, and called it in, stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't know if its because I live in a rural area but no car would be parked anywhere around here for more than 24 hours before someone reported it.

There was one poor sod that left his car down our lane for some reason and the guards were out to it within 12 hours of it being parked because 4 people had phoned up about it. One reason for reporting it would have been it was parked near a cliff edge walk so there would be the worry that the owner had fallen off the cliff.

corktina wrote: »
    Is it a high spec or in demand that might be stolen, and exported.
    Weren't there a load of old mercs that were being nicked, and as I heard broken down into parts and shipped abroad? at least alledged on boards to Africa where the parts were in demand, ie every part.

or maybe the owner owes money on it, has appropriate cover and is hoping someone will burn it out??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

my3cents wrote: »
    I don't know if its because I live in a rural area but no car would be parked anywhere around here for more than 24 hours before someone reported it.

There was one poor sod that left his car down our lane for some reason and the guards were out to it within 12 hours of it being parked because 4 people had phoned up about it. One reason for reporting it would have been it was parked near a cliff edge walk so there would be the worry that the owner had fallen off the cliff.

Conversely, there was an older 5-Series (e39, I think) parked up in central Cork for months and nobody seemed to take notice. I actually hadn't noticed it myself even 'though I walked past it every day - it was my dad who pointed out he had seen it there every day, all day long, on two consecutive visits months apart. Shortly after that the tires went flat, and somebody finally had it removed.

Best place to hide a stolen/abandoned car seems to be by the side of a very busy road!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

corktina wrote: »

That can still fetch a 5 figure sum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,411 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    That can still fetch a 5 figure sum ;)

In what currency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Call it in or google the number plate, could be stolen.

Also could be a high end audi, the OP has given very little info.
    Our car was parked up for approx few days so you never know.

You'd be surprised what cars have trackers on them now, 7 years old or not, if its stolen its somebody's property.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

check out insurance/tax/nct discs......either one out of date/missing....it may require towing away;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well...it's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

Well...it's gone!

and the mystery will never be solved - how frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Well...it's gone!

What did the Gardai say when you reported it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Del2005 wrote: »

"Lemme shtick that reg into the computer there, ah jaysis she's a dayzul, good yokes them TDI chape tax"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Del2005 wrote: »

^^^what he said...

Plus...even though it's gone you should still report it to the guards, the info may be very helpful to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

as it happens I picked up an identical earlier, if anyone wants to buy one cheap...local to the OP too! :-)

• Advertisement

Pov06 wrote: »
    "Lemme shtick that reg into the computer there, ah jaysis she's a dayzul, good yokes them TDI chape tax"

OP said it was an '07 ;)

Advertisement