Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Club for Complete Beginner

Options
  • 29-10-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am interested in joining a running club in south Dublin. I have done a bit of running on my own with a C25K app but I am finding that my motivation to go out on my own is getting really bad and joining a club might help me improve my running.

Having looked into some running clubs near me I have narrowed it down to two (in terms of distance from my house and training start times of 7pm) Sportsworld in Terenure and Blackrock AC.

I am looking for advice from current or past members of these clubs to find out which would best suit me. Do both clubs cater for beginners/slow runners?

Any info at all on both clubs would be great just so I can make the best choice.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Deedee2012

I am interested in joining a running club in south Dublin. I have done a bit of running on my own with a C25K app but I am finding that my motivation to go out on my own is getting really bad and joining a club might help me improve my running.

Having looked into some running clubs near me I have narrowed it down to two (in terms of distance from my house and training start times of 7pm) Sportsworld in Terenure and Blackrock AC.

I am looking for advice from current or past members of these clubs to find out which would best suit me. Do both clubs cater for beginners/slow runners?

Any info at all on both clubs would be great just so I can make the best choice.

Thanks a lot.

Would just suggest throwing Brothers Pearse onto your short list, stones throw from Sportsworld and training also starts at 7pm. We recently ran a C25k program and loads of its graduates have joined the club, we've therefore a large and thriving beginners section. It's a very friendly and inclusive club. Drop down and try a session, you'll definitely enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Deedee2012 wrote: »
    Would just suggest throwing Brothers Pearse onto your short list, stones throw from Sportsworld and training also starts at 7pm. We recently ran a C25k program and loads of its graduates have joined the club, we've therefore a large and thriving beginners section. It's a very friendly and inclusive club. Drop down and try a session, you'll definitely enjoy it

Surprised raycun is not here yet? Oh Ray!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NewRunnerSD

Thanks for the info on Bros Pearse, what days are the training?

Just worried that if I join a club I will get left behind in the dust if it's all fast runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

If you want to train Mon/ Wed that is catered for , or Tues/Thurs as well. ( the tues/thurs is the bigger group) . Same sessions . If you want to PM your email address we can send you on a lot more details. Brothers Pearse is a fantastic club for beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just worried that if I join a club I will get left behind in the dust if it's all fast runners!

No club will leave you for dust. I had this fear when i first joined my club, it was a fear i should never of had!! Clubs are great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Deedee2012

That definitely won't happen, we have people from total beginners upwards , beginners very much catered for, and what's more we have the craic during training too...

Advertisement