Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Stoves

Options
  • 29-10-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all, was thinking of getting a stove in a couple of weeks, The gas heating is inefficient and costs a fortune.. i was advised to get the Blacksmith Harness model. I dont want it connected to the radiators or the water. I plan on having it on pretty much constantly over the winter. My question is will this heat the house? its a 3 bedroom house.. Im not looking for every room to be roasting, i just want he edge taken off, a comfortable amount of heat in most of the rooms.

What do you all think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

Haz619 wrote: »
    Hi all, was thinking of getting a stove in a couple of weeks, The gas heating is inefficient and costs a fortune.. i was advised to get the Blacksmith Harness model. I dont want it connected to the radiators or the water. I plan on having it on pretty much constantly over the winter. My question is will this heat the house? its a 3 bedroom house.. Im not looking for every room to be roasting, i just want he edge taken off, a comfortable amount of heat in most of the rooms.

What do you all think

You've answered your own question there when you say you don't want it connected to the rads/water. If the stove is non-boiler then it is designed to heat the room only. Now, you can overspec the stove so that you have excess heat coming from the stove but bear in mind that this will likely result in you being too hot in the immediate room.

Advertisement