Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets in Northwood

Options
  • 29-10-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

I am looking into buying an apartment in Northwood, Santry. I was amazed to learn that apartment owners cannot keep pets in their own home. I understand if you are a renting and the landlord does not allow pets that's fair enough but if you purchase a home, why can't you take your pet with you! Unfortunately for me my budget won't stretch to somewhere with a garden so I am left a choice, my dog or a new home.

Does anyone know if the "house rules" are adhered to to the letter of the law in Northwood or are there people keep their pets in Northwood without much trouble?

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Honestly. For me if pets weren't allowed it wouldn't be an option. I couldn't take the risk of them continuing to not enforce the rule. Even if they overlook it now, one incident - not involving your pet at all - could lead to them enforcing then then you're stuck with a house you can't sell and looking at having to give up your pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I walk in Santry park and often see people walking around Northwood with dogs. Granted some are going to the pet shop or park but judging by the amount of poo around Gullivers there must be dogs in the apartments? There's been posts in the lost and found thread too with people having lost pets in Northwood.

I'd agree with Whispered though - there wouldn't be any choice for me to make there. Although with 2 golden retrievers and apartment in Northwood wouldn't be an option anyways lol :p Maybe widen your net a bit - there's a good few apartments/small terraced houses for sale around Drumcondra and Glasnevin atm.

Advertisement