Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Evidence of address (Learner Permit)

Options
  • 29-10-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hiya, how's it all going? :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here so I apologise if that's the case, but if not, than I hope you can help me out here.

Basically I need evidence of address for my learner permit. I have all the other required forms and documents, so this is just the last piece to the jigsaw if you well.

The only real way I can get this is through bank/credit union statements. I got a credit union statement a while ago today but the only problem I have is the fact that I'm hesitant to disclose how much money I have. (nothing to get too excited about by the way, but just a matter of privacy and not wanting people to see unnecessary information which doesn't relate to them or to all of this.)
    I'll get a statement tomorrow from BOI so that might be a little bit different and better, and there isn't as much money in it in comparison haha

I just want other people's opinions and advice as to what to do and hear what anyone else with a similar situation with me went through, or shall I just go through with it regardless and not worry. I 'm hoping to just find people who've experience this or have the knowledge and thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. In the NDLS office, I had a payslip which the lady barely looked at . She actually crossed out all the private info such as employee number , employer number, amount of pay, and only really left the proof of address and PPS number which she photocopied and gave the original back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If a bank/credit union statement is all you have, get a black marker & cross out the financial details that you would prefer to keep private. The NDLS staff certainly don't expect people to be handing over such deeply personal information, especially as it is of zero relevance to them. All they need to see is a piece of official correspondence from the bank, that has your name and address on it. Everything else can be deleted/crossed out/covered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

you can also use HSE appointment letters.

Advertisement