Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Horrors/Scary Movies

Options
  • 29-10-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

That time of year again folks in yeer opinion what were yeer favourite and most chilling scary movies and horrors you've seen I'm starting to think I've seen every good one looking for my playlist Friday night as for once this Halloween won't involve alcohol sadly :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭pavb2

The Omen watched it as a kid but I think the scary part was more to do with that Christus chanting/music.

Oh and that kid's expression at the grave at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you haven't seen them then watch Dead Snow 1 and 2, they are great comedy horror films

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Sinister is good. Its almost like watching real life murders so it has a creepy factor to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Found Audition pretty freaky & disturbing. Definitely not a loud noise jump style horror and all the better for it.

Thought Rec was an enjoyable take on the found footage movie & the scenes at the end are very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I was actually going to make a thread asking for the scariest film anyone could think of but this will do :pac:

Anyways ive watched all kinds of horror films sci fi films and just plain extreme films over the years but i am yet to find one that i found legit scary.

I have not been scared by a film since i was a child at this stage i dont even think theres one out there!.

ive been searching the internet for years now and collecting all kinds of films just to see could i finally find one that really made me think WOW!

Ive found creepy ones ****ed up ones and just pure wtf but nothing that i actually couldnt watch or something that i feared afterwards.

So im curious to see what people post in here so far eh....... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Grudge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Case 39 and the Awakening are both great

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Argento's SUSPIRIA delivers the goods in or out the season.
    Play it loud and watch out of the opening airport doors.

A MASTERPIECE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

For a suspenseful horror I'd recommend The Descent, really enjoyed that movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Personally I like the way j-horror is done. That is, without the cheap jump scares.

Watch Kairo (The Pulse): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286751/

There's one scene that will stick with, and continue to scare me long after watching it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

The Conjuring is good for a real scare - I'm pretty good with scary films but I did scream a couple of times!

Martyrs
    Calvaire
    Spoorloos
    A Tale of Two Sisters

Nic Roeg's DON'T LOOK NOW is very disconcerting. Even on subsequent viewings the punch line
    always GETS ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cpt Sh!t Craic

I saw 'as above, so below' recently.

You get what you expect from a scary movie but the detail in the plot gave it an extra edge.

I saw BABADOOK recently and it was all very scary until THE END...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Anyone want to Recommend a good scary movie on Netflix I can watch later?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

pkvader wrote: »
    Anyone want to Recommend a good scary movie on Netflix I can watch later?

I enjoyed House of the Devil

If you want something with gore try Reanimator

Stakeland is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Not sure if it's on Netflix but "Afflicted" is a pretty good flick..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Old fashioned scary movie i loved was "The Woman In Black" the tv version not the cinema release version, ironically it was on around Christmas time, think Christmas Eve??, 1989 when it was first broadcast, watched it when i was a kid, scared the crap out of me, but watched it a number of times over the years and it is still scary and intriguing as ever. Its on youtube,

Other recommendations, some underrated films i guess, more in the psychological horror genre i suppose:

The Innkeepers
    Jacobs Ladder
    Session 9

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Cheers lads, watched house of the devil last night, not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Old Classics

The Thing
    The Excorcist

Recent

Session 9
    Tony

Very Recent

The Conjuring

Advertisement