Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reducing motor tax

Options
  • 28-10-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Recently spotted a 2010 Range Rover for sale on carzone via a reputable dealer and the road tax stated was only €333 per annum. Thought it looked a bit shady and logged onto the motor tax website and it confirmed the motor tax was actually €333 per annum.

This 3.6 v8 diesel should normally be €2350 for the year.

Any ideas how they would of gotten that???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hi all,

Recently spotted a 2010 Range Rover for sale on carzone via a reputable dealer and the road tax stated was only €333 per annum. Thought it looked a bit shady and logged onto the motor tax website and it confirmed the motor tax was actually €333 per annum.

This 3.6 v8 diesel should normally be €2350 for the year.

Any ideas how they would of gotten that???

Thanks

That would be a commercial model i'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Commercial tax.
    A 3.6 should be €420 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lexusrx400h

Sorry, didn't mention the car was a passenger, with all rear seats in place and no blacked out windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sorry, didn't mention the car was a passenger, with all rear seats in place and no blacked out windows.

Link to the ad?

Gone unfortunately, i think it was with Autosports.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

yeah, theres some people who manage to convert full fat ranges to commercial with the 5 seats.

To anyone reading this thread : if you happen to know an SQI who is happy to sign off on one of these, please PM me. Im very interested.

And me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,494 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Recent change to the commercial tax regime on crew cabs allows for alot of the larger SUV's to be converted into crew-cabs and come in under commercial tax.

there are companies openly advertising the conversion service, including certification, have seen some on DD.

EDIT:
    Here you go..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/certified-crew-cab-conversions/7964925

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/crewcab-conversion-cheap-tax-333/7950958

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

IF THE VEHICLE IS UNDER 3500KGs ITS 333 EURO TO TAX

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mossy50 wrote: »
    IF THE VEHICLE IS UNDER 3500KGs ITS 333 EURO TO TAX

IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

i dont have any links at the moment, but i've heard that there is a company in waterford, that convert rang tovers to camper van status, buy doing a few mods, and installing a cooker etc (easily removable)

this reduces the annual road tax on the larger more fun petrol engines to a few hundred euro.

The conversion itsself is paid for by the savings in the first years tax.

i'm only repeating what i've been told.. dont shoot the messanger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

The landcruiser, pajero, disco etc, in lwb are eligible. Needs to have certain dimensions and a cage between rear door and rear seats. They are not only being converted, also available new I believe in crew cab version. Was that rover you seen a 5 or 7 seater?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

5 seat Land Rover Discovery 4 are imported as N1 commercial.

You don't need a bulkhead or cage, anchor points and certified ratchet straps will do.

Long ongoing thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057194624&page=9

Still doesn't guarantee you'll get the commercial road tax, depends on the issuing council, some may ask for proof that you have employees that need the seats.

Advertisement