Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human Universe by Prof. Brian Cox

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭

This is quite good.
    Basic enough stuff but well told by Cox IMO.
    I like the way he goes through it historically from quite mundane (and seemingly unrelated) ideas such as of the discovery of perspective during the renaissance and how each story informed the next one. From Galileo to Newton and each new realisation about our reality. On to Einstein and the new paradigm of spacetime.
    I love the demonstration of the feather and bowling ball falling exactly the same in a near-vacuum. Very cool.
    Anyway he makes this quite accessible and interesting.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I enjoyed it. But I find him incredibly off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

His delivery is different but he's undeniably passionate about what he does. I can't believe he's 46. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The wondaaahs of dee uuuuniverse!

It's fairly straight forward science-wise compared to his previous stuff but enjoyable to watch nonetheless, took me a long time to get used to him and his shows due to the way he talks.

His online spat with Deepak Chopra during the summer was pretty funny, though.

Advertisement