Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Opening eBook

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

I have some ebooks on my dropbox that are in the rar format from when I had them on an iPad.

I can't open them on my Nexus 7 even though it should be straight forward. I tried using rar extractor but can't get them to open in Google Books or Kindle, what do lads here use for Android?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When you extract them, what are the extensions? If they are .epub, use calibre to convert them to .mobi

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

You should be able to open them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

When extracted there are mobi and epub selection's, but none are opening, very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You could try using an app like Aldiko to open either type after you unrar. I found it to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Have you tried to upload them to Google books?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Have you tried to upload them to Google books?

That's exactly what I was trying originally mate. I uploaded both a mobi and an epub to test and it doesn't even show via the library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's exactly what I was trying originally mate. I uploaded both a mobi and an epub to test and it doesn't even show via the library.

You may need to go into the settings and enable pdf uploading.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Got 'em working with Moon+ reader thanks all :)

Advertisement