Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads in the cinema

Options
  • 28-10-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭

So, in the pictures with Mrs 1 I and the crew and here 10 mind being bombarded by adverts. Like wtf. Paying 40 something euro to watch a heap of ads.... And the trailers haven't started yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Forty euro for two people!?!?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mrs 1? How many Mrs do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Why bother with the cinema when you don't have depth perception? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

40 euro! They saw you coming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Savour this previous time! It's designated for finishing popcorn before the movie starts :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I know, it's a pain, but it's everywhere now, so if you book your seats, just don't go in until 10 mins after the start time and you won't see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

So, in the pictures with Mrs 1 I and the crew and here 10 mind being bombarded by adverts. Like wtf. Paying 40 something euro to watch a heap of ads.... And the trailers haven't started yet.

Cinema? Well la dee da! No recession here!

Do they still do the ad with the fella sleeping in a tent in the middle of the cinema and someone going by him with a floor buffer!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It's been like that in the US for a while now but from what I can tell, the price of the actual cinema ticket itself has come down there. Still, it frustrates me too. It's an incentive to get there late.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Forty euro for two people!?!?
    I assume the crew means there were other people there.

I WOULDN'T MIND ADS AT THE CINEMA IF THEY WOULD JUST TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A LITTLE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My kids do the snigger/rolleyes combo when I refer to the cinema as 'the pictures'.

Being old sucks.

anncoates wrote: »
    My kids do the snigger/rolleyes combo when I refer to the cinema as 'the pictures'.

Being old sucks.

Could be worse could call it the flicks hate that!!

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I assume the crew means there were other people there.

I WOULDN'T MIND ADS AT THE CINEMA IF THEY WOULD JUST TURN THE VOLUME DOWN A LITTLE!

I thought 'the crew' was just another way of referring to his wife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'd say it's Mrs 1 and the crew are the rest of his wives. Each wife gets promoted to Mrs 1 on a given night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

He's one eyed Dan and he's with Mrs. One Eye and the crew. I accept that he shouldn't have switched between numerals and words with such gay abandon but it isn't that hard to work out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

They gotta make the $$$$ I hate that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Yogosan

Nearly as bad as RTE.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    He's one eyed Dan and he's with Mrs. One Eye and the crew. I accept that he shouldn't have switched between numerals and words with such gay abandon but it isn't that hard to work out.

That's ridiculous!! No way you're gonna make me feel thick for not getting that.

Yogosan wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as RTE.

Thats just taking it to the extremes now!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Yargghh! What's this "cinema" ye be talking of mateys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Ah well here 10 mind is perfectly acceptable when out with crew for 40 something euro - I mean if you were with Mrs 2 (who's a bit more picky), she'd be chomping at the bit for a trailer or two, but you're grand with the bombardment, I'd say, all in all, in the end.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Why bother with the cinema when you don't have depth perception? :pac:
    Thinly disguised "'I've got 40 notes" thread

OP's probably watching it in 3D too :p

Thinly disguised "'I've got 40 notes" thread

OP's probably watching it in 3D too :p

IMAX 3D!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I don't mind the movie trailers themselves, I expect them. It's the mindless ads for dishwasher tablets/radio stations etc etc. The worst place ever for it is cineworld in Dublin City centre, last time we were there the movie started 25 minutes after the start time. It's outrageous to spend so much to be subjected to that many ads. I love the cinema but the ads ruin it for me a bit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Love trailers. Hate ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Let's all go to the lobby!

12+ snoots for a ticket in the Rathmines cinema a couple of weeks ago. It disturbed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Not a regular cinema goer then...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Sure sometimes the ads are longer and more entertaining than the film itself

Advertisement