Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Galaxy S3 weirdness

Options
  • 28-10-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S3 that I have been running cyangenmod on for a couple years. I recently bought a oneplus one so am looking at selling the S3. So I asked vodafone for unlock code and after a month (seriously!) they came back and said phone was already unlocked! So I tried a meteor SIM and well .. it asked for the unlock code. Instead of arguing with VF I bought an unlock code online. However this node does not seem to work either (also tried the unfreeze code etc) and a few other things with the unlocking company (GSMliberty - these guys are starting to annoy me now with requests to try stuff I already have done). I have gone back to stock etc and still can't unlock. I also bought the Galaxsim Unlock app which claimed to have unlocked it but did not work either.

So 2 things -
    1) anyone have any idea what I can do?
    2) how could VF think phone was unlocked? I am really curios about this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'd awful bother unlocking my S3. I think its a problem with them. Got the correct code form o2 but i was adamant for awhile that it was wrong. I found instructions in the end that worked that involved entering the code multiple times and resetting(i think), if i can find dig them out i'll link it but i can't promise i'll find the link with the correct info. It was a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I put CM on an S5 recently and couldn't unlock it with the code. You'll need to return it to stock. If you go to your vf account you can get 3 unlock codes a year if you are bill pay. I never had to wait for any of them unless it was an apple. They appear immediately.

Hey man follow the order in this video exactly:

Nearly sure its how i unlocked mine, i remember the odd voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I unlocked my S3 with Vodafone before I sold it with no issues - only difference I guess was that I had the stock ROM on it.

Got the code within 3 days as well via text which was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Hey man follow the order in this video exactly:

Nearly sure its how i unlocked mine, i remember the odd voice.

Did not work for me.. Damn. thanks though.

• Advertisement

yfaykya wrote: »
    Did not work for me.. Damn. thanks though.

You did the factory reset part as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Return to stock rom, root stock rom and the play store will have apps that can unlock the phone for you.

Profit.

Tried both from previous two posts. No joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Downlaod the galaxy unlocked app in the play store, it's only a few euro and you're already rooted so it's well worth it for simplicity. You can use it to unlock other phones in the future as well

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Downlaod the galaxy unlocked app in the play store, it's only a few euro and you're already rooted so it's well worth it for simplicity. You can use it to unlock other phones in the future as well

Yeah I tried that. Mentioned on first post but thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement