Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New type Drivers licence - question

Options
  • 28-10-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question on the new drivers licence card.

My paper drivers licence is in tatters and was wondering if you could apply for the new card type one, without declaring it lost?

Anybody know?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

I got a new one by ticking the organ donor to be added to your licence plus €55

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That would be the way or just sellotape it together.

Mine was in bits after having it a year if still in date don't worry about it not worth forking out money when don't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

They'll ask to see it, if it's damaged they'll insist you pay the replacement license fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

Cheers for the input. I was just worried that the people in the NCT office would say something. the pages are all there just not attached together!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The amount of times had to show licence at NCT, to Gardai at checkpoint and crashes etc etc and never had any problems.

As said stuck pages back with tape looked no different as they were rubish licence to begin with.

New one is nothing special and it will scratch to bits in wallet anyway as mine has and only have a few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement