Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leak under passenger side dash, Opel Corsa

Options
  • 28-10-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi.

I recently purchased a used car, 06 Opel Corsa, and am unfortunately clueless when it comes to cars.

Every time it rains heavy, when I go to take off after the car has been sitting in the rain, I get a trail of water into the car underneath the passenger sides dashboard, I can hear the leak too. I'm also getting fog on all windows on the inside.
    Has anyone got any idea as to what this may be? And should I bring it back to the dealer. Is it a big issue, money wise?

Thanks in advance.
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭blackbox

Check on the outside between the bonnet and the windscreen to see if it is full of leaves or other gunk that might be blocking the drains.

Has it got a sunroof? Sometimes these have drain hoses that get blocked or dislodged.

Try running a hose over the car to try to see where the leak is coming from. If it is not something simple you should go back to the dealer.

Advertisement