Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone unlocked 1020

Options
  • 28-10-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, got a 1020 unopened with unlock code I am on Meteor and the phone is working but the Vodafone symbol displays on startup, and something called "discovery" is available as an app. how do I get rid of the Vodafone stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I don't think you can get rid of the vodafone startup screen. I have one (on 3) and it still appears. Its the only vodafone branding on the phone so i can live with it....

I don't recall discovery app but it's not on mine now so i must have uninstalled it - in the apps list, press and hold then select uninstall. repeat for a few of the other apps that come pre installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

ablelocks wrote: »
    I don't think you can get rid of the vodafone startup screen. I have one (on 3) and it still appears. Its the only vodafone branding on the phone so i can live with it....

I don't recall discovery app but it's not on mine now so i must have uninstalled it - in the apps list, press and hold then select uninstall. repeat for a few of the other apps that come pre installed.

That's correct, what you're seeing is part of the firmware of the phone and can only be changed if you know someone with special software (which is not public!).

As for the apps, when a phone is branded for a certain network it normally has access to a special area in the store just for that network ie. Vodafone. These apps are optional and can be removed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Over on XDA developers they have a thread on flashing windows phones with different firmwares. You might brick your phone but it may be possible to flash it to a non-vodafone firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jawacz

OK, nice to know, thanks.

Advertisement