Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 520 Full Screen Vid!

Options
  • 27-10-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

:confused:Hi, when I click on video thumbnail on youtube or even boards my phone only plays the actual thumbnail video, should it not revert to full screen and then play!? Is there settings for this, I'm sure it did in the past, but since I last updated my Nokia Lumia 520 it now only plays the actual thumbnail on original page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I've found it depends on your browser. Internet Explorer won't do full screen, but UC Browser does.

UC Browser 8.1, doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

ardle1 wrote: »
    :confused:Hi, when I click on video thumbnail on youtube or even boards my phone only plays the actual thumbnail video, should it not revert to full screen and then play!? Is there settings for this, I'm sure it did in the past, but since I last updated my Nokia Lumia 520 it now only plays the actual thumbnail on original page.

Are you running Windows Phone 8.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

theothernt wrote: »
    Are you running Windows Phone 8.1?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

With Windows Phone 8.1, video in the Web Browser (IE and other apps that show web content) should give you the option to play full-screen (the icon with arrows pointing in all four directions).

The only issue I can think of is that the first time you try to play video full-screen, it will ask if you want to allow this. If you say no, I'm not sure if gives the option again. An example of what you should see below...

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-81-improved-youtube-experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I wish it would give the option to open it in the app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement