Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man dressed like Michael Jackson runs into David Cameron - 'By accident'.

Options
  • 27-10-2014 3:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

A member of the public ran into David Cameron as he left a meeting in Leeds.

The man appeared to collide with the prime minister as he left the city's Civic Hall. Mr Cameron did not fall over and was driven away from the scene, apparently uninjured.

Police took the 28-year-old man away. He was arrested but later released.

West Yorkshire Police later tweeted that no threat had been made, adding: "Nothing sinister, just a man in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Article with video.

Apperantly he was a jogger in a hurry to the gym and simply happened to bump into the PM on the street in Leeds earlier today.

I reckon this is bollox and he did it for a dare.

But at least he'll get to dine out on his run in with the First Lord of the Treasury for years to come. If he tried this in the US with the president, I reckon he would be full of bullet holes by now and the entire neighbourhood would be in lockdown.

I'm surprised a member of the public was able to get this close to Cameron, let alone make physical contact, in the wake of the attaks on the Canadian Parliament last week by an Islamic Jihadist nutter.

Luckilly for the jogger today, the PM's security aren't too trigger happy.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

He is getting an awful doing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can you imagine that happening to Obama? He'd have 10 bullets in him. (the runner, not Obama)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They didn't exactly bundle him into the car in a hurry, did they? All the security personnel ran to the runner and left Cameron alone, if there had of been a 2nd person involved they could easily have attacked the unguarded PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Not exactly a smooth criminal.....

I'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

CPSW wrote: »

I'll get my coat
    Yeah, Beat it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Beat it.

I know, I'm Bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

NIMAN wrote: »
    They didn't exactly bundle him into the car in a hurry, did they? All the security personnel ran to the runner and left Cameron alone, if there had of been a 2nd person involved they could easily have attacked the unguarded PM.

more's the pity

I know, I'm Bad

You're not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ah MJ song reference already made.

You're not alone

Hey backwards man, You wanna be startin' somethin??

• Advertisement

Hey backwards man, You wanna be startin' somethin??

It's a pity he picked a relatively obscure artiste with a limited number of well known tunes to dress up as.

Er. . . .Rockin' Robin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

That jogger would want to look at the man in the mirror and make a few changes to his jogging route. At least he'll always remember the time he ran into the PM!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

From the video footage yer man looked vaguely like Whacko in build, hair length, and dress. Especially with the white thing covering his hand. Bandage?

But having seen the close up still shot of him since he looks more like someone dragged through the bushes on his way out of a tattoo shop.

I wonder if the old bill asked him what gym he is a member of and verified it?

I would have loved it if Cameron decked him one and knocked the scruffy fucker spark out when he had the chance.

He would have been perfectly within his rights to do it.

That jogger would want to look at the man in the mirror and make a few changes to his jogging route. At least he'll always remember the time he ran into the PM!

I know it was a very Dangerous route to take when jogging. Hopefully David Cameron realised there was a Jam in the area and will blame it on the boogie

Lapin wrote: »
    From the video footage yer man looked vaguely like Whacko in build, hair length, and dress. Especially with the white thing covering his hand. Bandage?

But having seen the close up still shot of him since he looks more like someone dragged through the bushes on his way out of a tattoo shop.

I wonder if the old bill asked him what gym he is a member of and verified it?

I would have loved it if Cameron decked him one and knocked the scruffy fucker spark out when he had the chance.

what the fcuk are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

I know it was a very Dangerous route to take when jogging. Hopefully David Cameron realised there was a Jam in the area and will blame it on the boogie

Taking the dangerous route is just Human Nature though

In fairness the video isn't exactly a Thriller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

A guy got into the White House by running past an armed guard and missed the stairway to Obama family quarters before they caught up with him. The head of the Secret Service had to resign after that and a few more near misses. The Brits seem to rely more on people having limited knowledge of the PMs whereabouts than a security perimeter. After seeing that today it looks like it's just a matter of time before there is a serious attempt. I hope someone takes a decision to protect elected leaders properly before there is a tragedy.

A guy got into the White House by running past an armed guard and missed the stairway to Obama family quarters before they caught up with him. The head of the Secret Service had to resign after that and a few more near misses. The Brits seem to rely more on people having limited knowledge of the PMs whereabouts than a security perimeter. After seeing that today it looks like it's just a matter of time before there is a serious attempt. I hope someone takes a decision to protect elected leaders properly before there is a tragedy.

i have an idea, how about we afford the same security to war mongering leaders that they afford to innocent men women and children murdered in their illegal wars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

A B C
    A jogger ran into me
    Knocked me right off my feet
    A B C
    Along came my security!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

i have an idea, how about we afford the same security to war mongering leaders that they afford to innocent men women and children murdered in their illegal wars

If they are illegal then take out a court injunction: your view will either be vindicated or rejected.

what the fcuk are you on about?

I said.
    Lapin wrote: »

Of course he would.

He was walking out of a building in the course of his day's work and some scruffy twat runs into him pushing him aside.

If it was me I'd think nothing of landing him one and answer questions later. Self defence takes precedence.

And the Prime Minister of the UK has more reason to be concerned about his self defence when in public than most others.

Something his security detail seemed to overlook today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He wasn't what you'd call a smooth criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement