Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone for around €200

Options
  • 26-10-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭

Alright looking for some opinions here.

whats the best phone for around the 200 mark?

Please no Moto G / end thread crap.

Looking to get it as a gift, willing to spend a little more.
    Had looked at the nexus 4 and others as possible alternatives to the Moto G but very hard to find new stock.

any opinions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

sugarman wrote: »
    Might find new stock s3 for around that price, still a very decent mind range phone.

I got rid of s3 for s5 and imo the s3 is a better phone. Never lagged, no issues. Seemed to handle Web page formats better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've heard good things about the S3 once its been rooted and loaded with Cyanmogen.

Might have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Mi3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

sugarman wrote: »
    Might find new stock s3 for around that price, still a very decent mind range phone.

Alternatively hold out for a drop in price of nexus 5, should be soon enough with nexus 6 due next month.

I'm not sure it will drop. The 6 doesn't compete in the same price range, and I suspect the 5 will just fade out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm not sure it will drop. The 6 doesn't compete in the same price range, and I suspect the 5 will just fade out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to sell it alongside the Nexus 6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement