Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny / unusual wedding stories

Options
  • 26-10-2014 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

So most of us have all been at plenty of weddings and normally there normal enough. But has anyone been at a wedding where something particularly funny or interesting has happen. Has anyone been at one where someone has actually objected to wedding when the priest ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Bpmull wrote: »
    But has anyone been at a wedding where something particularly funny or interesting has happen.

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Heard of one that coincided with a sh!tstorm. Apart from that, nah.

A couple of hilarious funerals though, oh boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Birneybau wrote: »
    Heard of one that coincided with a sh!tstorm. Apart from that, nah.

A couple of hilarious funerals though, oh boy!

Paging I hate cuddles to after hours. That wedding was 5 months today actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The winds of sh!t randy, the winds of sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I got married...

It was funny, it was unusual and it was some story...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

****ing lazy TV3 researchers in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Thought thread read 'welding stories'. Quite frankly, it would probably have made for a better thread than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yesssss here comes the scatman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There at my sisters wedding 2 years ago it was in a old country manor house that was over 100 years old that was used for nuns and training priests but now is a place for weddings and you can stay there.

Anyway i heading to back to my room and it was in the back of the house and i was fairly drunk anyway i turned on netflix on my phone to get myself to bed and all of all sudden i hear knocks on my window they where huge 10 foot windows as i was drunk and i was extremely old house i was thinking it i was thinking this place is hunted and i started to shake in bed then there was another knock on the next window and i was like i am going to die tonight and then there was another knock on the next window and i was going ok i am going to get up and see whats this knock and i looked out the window to find the best man who has locked himself out of the house so i had to get up and let him in the front door and carry him to bed and since that night notting has ever been said of why he was outside or how he ended up there but i still piss myself over me thinking the house was hunted

I have dyslexia .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

An Aunt of my wife was a nun and she was at our wedding.
    Ten months after our wedding the priest who married us got married to her. Don't know about anyone else but I always thought that was a good story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Heard about this wedding where the bride and groom didn't supply any food but didn't let their guests know ahead of time that there be no food. I don't think it went down too well in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Not me but one of the guys who regularly drinks in my local told me that one of his cousins had hired a wedding band to play at his nuptials.
    As best man, he was required to oversee the rehearsals and make sure the band was in good shape as they had a reputation for getting rowdy at free bars and getting into mischief.
    Well, he told me that he went into the rehearsal to look at the set list. So far, so good. Nothing suspect, or so he thought.
    Cut to the reception. The music starts and everyone heads to the dance floor for a gander at the happy couple's first dance as man and wife.
    The band strikes up... and starts playing this little ditty! :D

Fortunately, the couple found the funny side of it so the reception wasn't a complete disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

hmmm hike jacked the dj at an American wedding who was playing some horrible music anyway downloaded a few tunes & had a great party after! note we did not know at the time the Bride had chosen the actual music :o

Though obviously we didn't know this until after one wedding Maid of Honour hooks up with Best Man & well nine months later little baby arrives very embrassing to all involved (both in relationships) but feck it well they now have a much loved beautiful baby! We got a wee laugh out of it (horrible friends! but honestly we love them really!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Oh great, that story on repeat again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Is that about the guy who had a massive **** at a wedding?

Yeah thats not a bit funny and even moreso when its dragged on for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

But yeah, at the last wedding I attended, that of my girlfriend's brother, I had to physically stop a friend of the bride from giving her child alcohol. Turned out they had been doing it all evening and they found it hilarious.
    Then the bride came storming into the men's room later in the evening, screaming that it was the last dance, and everyone needed to be on the dance floor, or her night would be ruined. She was just a ****ing bitch. I laughed in her face and told her to cop on. We don't get on very well.

I don't like weddings so I don't really have many "funny" memories, though pissing her off was a bit funny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The last wedding I went to was a bit strange. Well, the wedding ceremony was beautiful but the reception was a little odd. The bride and groom did their first dance, but after that they didn't spend any time together at all. The groom was sitting with his friends all night, while the bride danced with her friends and family on the dancefloor. They didn't even spend the end of the night together. She went up to bed by herself and I don't think he went to bed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Nope...was the 24th!
    Is that about the guy who had a massive **** at a wedding?

Yeah thats not a bit funny and even moreso when its dragged on for months.

I think I've mentioned it once....pretty memorable though to be fair :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

One wedding I was at had a groom who was so drunk by the time the speeches came he ended his saying "yeah, and we're off to *honeymoon* tomorrow, so fcuk the lot of ye!" I dunno was it meant as a joke, but it went down like a lead balloon, and is still talked about years later.

Advertisement