Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubsan X4 H107C 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter With Camera RTF - Red/White £34.49 @ Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

So tempted but am holding out for one with a display camera on the remote

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Big Lar wrote: »

That's the Hubsan invader. Quite a few pennies more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

Big Lar wrote: »

x 3 the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

What a coincidence, I bought this last week. It's great fun but I've nearly lost it a few times out in the open, they're tough enough to control.

I suspect it's only a matter of weeks before I fly it into a ditch and can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

omahaid wrote: »
    What a coincidence, I bought this last week.

Did you buy on Amazon also?

If you paid more tgan the current price I believe if you get in touch with customer service they will refund you the difference.

• Advertisement

I paid £35.49, might try and get that £ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Do I need one of these? I feel I do, but I'm not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Do I need one of these? I feel I do, but I'm not 100%Of course I don't, but I'm weak when it comes to impulse purchases. Bought.
    FYP Kenny;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

bromley52 wrote: »
    I've never had a quadcopter before but this looks great for the price and free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EXBDZK4

Anyone know what the camera is like on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Funkstard wrote: »
    Anyone know what the camera is like on it?

2MP

Review here with camera footage at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Well worth getting the optional protection ring like the X4 in the video above has even if only to keep the Mammy quiet. "It's all fun 'til someone losses an eye!"

Although all the ones fulfilled by Amazon seem a lot pricier.

Even with the protection ring the blade tips still get damaged so if you stick with it for any length of time you'll want to order a crash pack of replacement blades, most packs also contain another battery which is handy to have. Lots available on Ebay.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

Do-more wrote: »
    Well worth getting the optional protection ring like the X4 in the video above has even if only to keep the Mammy quiet. "It's all fun 'til someone losses an eye!"

Although all the ones fulfilled by Amazon seem a lot pricier.

Even with the protection ring the blade tips still get damaged so if you stick with it for any length of time you'll want to order a crash pack of replacement blades, most packs also contain another battery which is handy to have. Lots available on Ebay.

I think a protection ring is provided for free. I believe it's in a compartment under the quadcopter so don't dump the box without removing it.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I think a protection ring is provided for free. I believe it's in a compartment under the quadcopter so don't dump the box without removing it.

Correct, It was sellotaped to the underside of the plastic containing the x4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

This looks like soooo much fun

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a46_1413143042

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    2MP

Review here with camera footage at the end.

Be careful, the FAQs on the page say the one shipped is 0.3MP. Still a nice piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Why are you making me want this. Why!

Was thinking about it, but the pants camera is putting me off.. Are they easy to upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

matchthis wrote: »
    This looks like soooo much fun

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a46_1413143042

Why did you go and post that? Now I have to find my credit card...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Because this has a camera, there are restrictions on where you can fly it. In fact you may even need a licence for it. Just something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Not that it would put me off but its probably advisable to know the laws. What are they? Can I fly this legally in a park or just around my house?
    95% of its use would be for pleasure but I'm also an architect so if I had permission of the house or building owner would that be adequate to fly it around the building to check for blocked drains, broken tiles, etc or do I need a flight licence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is the HD version £20 more?

Advertisement