Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I launch an official complaint against Eircom?

Options
  • 26-10-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

How do I launch an official complaint against Eircom?

e've had Eircom's new TV service 'eVision' for about 7 months and have had to replace the box 7 times as they just break in a few weeks. Plus there have been loads of other minor bugs. System is a piece of crap.

We want to disconnect but they say they'll charge us 150 as it's under the 12 months we signed up for. I want to make a formal complaint against them with whoever regulates them in Ireland.

Can anyone pint me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ComReg - Commission for Communications Regulation
    BAI - Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (but I am not sure as it is an IPTV service, AFAIK???)
    NCA - National Consumers Agency

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The BAI is only really concerned with content regulation, Comreg is the platform side regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »
    The BAI is only really concerned with content regulation, Comreg is the platform side regulator.

I never get this are the BAI not the EPG regulator?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They are. Given such powers by politicians who, under the influence of writers who had not seen an electronic programme guide less still used one, imagined them to be more an electronic version of the RTE Guide and less a function of the firmware in a set top box. Strictly speaking one cannot prepare an EPG in Ireland without a contract from the BAI, an utterly ridiculous notion as practically all set top boxes used here are manufactured outside the jurisdiction. In reality as long as Irish services are given prominence the BAI rarely intervenes and I don't think each individual set top box manufacturer has an EPG contact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement