Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me buy a microsoft surface 2...

Options
  • 26-10-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am in the market for a surface 2, only interested in buying new. They are currently out of stock on the Microsoft website and the helpline cant tell me if they are coming back into stock. They may possibly be discontinued at this stage.

They are also out of stock in Harvey Normans, Curries, PC world and Argos in Ireland. I see they still have some stock in Argos in the UK but they wont deliver to the republic and I cant travel to Enniskillen to get one.

Could anyone think of any other UK retailers that may still have some in stock that will deliver to the republic.

I see there is still quiet a few in the states but i don`t want to risk buying from there as there may be issues with software updates and applications due to region differences.

If anyone can be of any help.. id appreciate it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Pucking Fissed Off

Try parcelmotel.com you can get your order sent to their northern address so that it's within the UK and they will transport it south for you.

If you're going for the Pro rather than the RT I have the 2 and the 3 and I think the 3 is worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Try parcelmotel.com you can get your order sent to their northern address so that it's within the UK and they will transport it south for you.

If you're going for the Pro rather than the RT I have the 2 and the 3 and I think the 3 is worth the extra money.

The RT will be sufficient for what i need and i have an old Sony laptop to back me up if i need to run any exe files.

I thought if you get a parcel delivered to a parcel motel address, you have to phyiscally pick it up yourself from that address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

subscriber wrote: »
    The RT will be sufficient for what i need and i have an old Sony laptop to back me up if i need to run any exe files.

I thought if you get a parcel delivered to a parcel motel address, you have to phyiscally pick it up yourself from that address?

They will deliver it to your nearest pick up point as chosen by you

No they have two delivery addresses one in the south and one up North, When your parcel arrives at either address they then transport it to one of the banks of lockers they have around the place. You select the locker location when you sign up but you can change it at any time.
    I've used them a few times and had no problems.

No they have two delivery addresses one in the south and one up North, When your parcel arrives at either address they then transport it to one of the banks of lockers they have around the place. You select the locker location when you sign up but you can change it at any time.
    I've used them a few times and had no problems.

OK this sounds like a solution to my problem.. so just to confirm. If i place an order for the surface with argos in enniskillen, i will get them to deliver to the parcel motel depot in the north and then parcel motel will forward this package from their depot up north to my local parcelmotel pickup in galway?

• Advertisement

Yep, although I'm in Dublin. I'm not sure what sort of coverage they have in Galway, but there is a map of locations on their site.

Yep, although I'm in Dublin. I'm not sure what sort of coverage they have in Galway, but there is a map of locations on their site.

I just checked, there is delivery poits in galway as well. Ive registered for an account there. It says i currently have a balance of zero euro on the account, do i need to top up my parcel motel account in advance before making purchases or will parcelmotel bill me afterwards?

I`ve just noticed that Argos UKare only offering store collection on this, they wont deliver, not even to a UK address. Parcelmotel may still come in handy if i can find a unit somewhere out of the UK but looks i`m back to the drawing board for the moment..

I just checked, there is delivery poits in galway as well. Ive registered for an account there. It says i currently have a balance of zero euro on the account, do i need to top up my parcel motel account in advance before making purchases or will parcelmotel bill me afterwards?

I always pay before hand I'm not sure how it works otherwise.

I always pay before hand I'm not sure how it works otherwise.

Do u mean u physically top up ur parcelmotel account before hand and then they just deduct the payment after the parcel is received to their depot?

Website is not very clear about this bit...

• Advertisement

Yeah I just top up the account l, I'm not really too sure about the alternatives.

Yeah I just top up the account l, I'm not really too sure about the alternatives.

Prob is`int any alternatives, that`s great, thanks for the help... now just to find a tab for sale somewhere, seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Anyone else know of other UK retailers i could try? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wollwead

Try Goodman123 on adverts.ie. It's a shop on Dame Street he has Surface 2s Pro and RT coming outa his ears and they're Brand new with full warranty. I bought a Pro 2 128GB with type 2 cover earlier this year for 700. The guys name is Lee and its a print shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Argos have the surface 2 64gb for €450 not sure if that's a good price but it is the same price as the 32gb

Wollwead wrote: »
    Try Goodman123 on adverts.ie. It's a shop on Dame Street he has Surface 2s Pro and RT coming outa his ears and they're Brand new with full warranty. I bought a Pro 2 128GB with type 2 cover earlier this year for 700. The guys name is Lee and its a print shop.

Thanks, He seems to have some in stock. How is he selling them at such a competitive price? Are they refurbished?

wilser wrote: »
    Argos have the surface 2 64gb for €450 not sure if that's a good price but it is the same price as the 32gb

Cheers but 450 is a scandalous price considering Microsoft were selling them for 370.... I dont think I feel like lining argos`s pockets at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

Prob is`int any alternatives, that`s great, thanks for the help... now just to find a tab for sale somewhere, seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Anyone else know of other UK retailers i could try? Thanks

You can register your credit card with them and they just deduct the 3.50 delivery fee from it whenever something for you arrives into their depot.

dquinnan wrote: »
    You can register your credit card with them and they just deduct the 3.50 delivery fee from it whenever something for you arrives into their depot.

Cheers, was talking to a work colleague of mine this morning and he was saying the same.. said he never topped up his acc in advance, always just let them debit his card. very handy service in fairness..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Cheers but 450 is a scandalous price considering Microsoft were selling them for 370.... I dont think I feel like lining argos`s pockets at the moment!!

Fair enough. Hadn't a clue what price they were/are ;)

Advertisement