Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Alternative Christmas songs

• 26-10-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,263 ✭✭✭✭ Tom Dunne

Or, songs you are not likely to hear on the radio, for reasons that will become apparent.

First on my list has to be "Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis" by Tom Waits. A tremendously atmospheric song that you probably wouldn't associate with Christmas.

"Don't shoot me Santa" by The Killers is well known, however "The cowboy's Christmas ball" less so. Very tongue in cheek, though festive.

Finally, I stumbled across "Rednecks 12 days of Christmas". One word - painful.

Any more out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GraGaia

Please Daddy (don't get drunk this Christmas) by John Denver. Real song I swear

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭ homer.j

One the late G.Ryan used always play through the month of December. A few in the office used hate when it came on, so much so the radio was nearly turned off on a few occasions. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 Starscream25

Tim wheeler from Ash and Emmy the great had a fantastic Christmas album a few years ago, don't think it's well known but has some great songs on it.
    Here's a sample
    http://youtu.be/URCNMEbgd_w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭ Jude13

The Waitress Christmas wrapping - heard it for the first time years ago on Phantom FM and it really makes me miss home at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 delw

Naughty tut tut :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 Vojera

Definitely not for radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭ washiskin

Definitely not for the sensitive or anyone under 18, this band are the kings of the double entendre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭ Into The Blue

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 34,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭ AlmightyCushion

AC/DC - Mistress for Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,624 toastedpickles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ Straylight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 Vojera

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭ fryup

hey OP....are you the Tom Dunne the DJ (newstalk) ??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ happydayz8

Getting Ready for Christmas Day by Paul Simon. Love the tune.

Advertisement