Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Wilson TD?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

i'd vote for him too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He would have no voice in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    He had a cancer scare but I presume he is in the clear now. If I got the chance to vote for him I would. He has changed AGS for the better.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-whistleblower-john-wilson-to-run-for-dail-30692941.html

Linked with Sinn Fein? Running as an Independent but
    The former garda, who recently recovered from bowel cancer, said the only political party he would join is Sinn Fein. Mr Wilson spoke at the Sinn Fein summer school in Cork but said he has not discussed joining the party.

Now, I've my own serious personal issues with An Garda Síochána, but dear God! Surely he could never run as a Sinn Fein candidate? What do the words 'Murder of Detective Jerry Mc Cabe' mean to him I'd like to know :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Its all Bertie's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

As a Mayo man I have serious personal issues that your from Kerry. ;) Hope Sam is shining tonight down there.

Back on topic, the electorate have a very short memory. Suppose he just thinks he has a better chance of getting in with the sinners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Why is it that every Tom dick and john who have had some personal grievance with a government dept feel the need get into politics? The trouble with this country is we have too many nobodies like john bloody Wilson thinking they can run the country. We have no one with any necessary experience looking to get into politics. John Wilson is nothing but a disgruntled ex-garda. He done nothing while a Garda of note and ok so he brought to the public attention a corrupt regime in the higher echelons of AGS but get off the bloody bandwagon now John, you are not s politician and never will be. You cried that the stress of the whole whisteblowing saga caused you cancer (which I don't believe for one second, it may have accelerated IT but it didn't cause it) so why don't you take your generous pension and gratuity and enjoy the rest of your life!

I wouldn't vote for him if I was paid to and since he has mentioned considering running for the shinners, my low opinion of him had dropped further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

kerry4sam wrote: »

Now, I've my own serious personal issues with An Garda Síochána, but dear God! Surely he could never run as a Sinn Fein candidate? What do the words 'Murder of Detective Jerry Mc Cabe' mean to him I'd like to know :mad:

The Indo was at the forefront in trying to play down the whistleblower allegations, and likewise with the GSOC bugging incidents.

The Indo is also extremely anti SF, recently being forced to publish two apologies for wrongful allegations they made against Gerry Adams in the one week.

Trying to link a whistleblower to SF........

Do the maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

kerry4sam wrote: »

The other political parties also have plenty of blood on their hands, maybe he should stay independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Neither do government backbenchers, unless they want the boot.

Why is it that every Tom dick and john who have had some personal grievance with a government dept feel the need get into politics? The trouble with this country is we have too many nobodies like john bloody Wilson thinking they can run the country. We have no one with any necessary experience looking to get into politics. John Wilson is nothing but a disgruntled ex-garda. He done nothing while a Garda of note and ok so he brought to the public attention a corrupt regime in the higher echelons of AGS but get off the bloody bandwagon now John, you are not s politician and never will be. You cried that the stress of the whole whisteblowing saga caused you cancer (which I don't believe for one second, it may have accelerated IT but it didn't cause it) so why don't you take your generous pension and gratuity and enjoy the rest of your life!

I'm sure Alan Shatter and Martin Callinan would sorely disagree with that one tbh.
    I wouldn't vote for him if I was paid to and since he has mentioned considering running for the shinners, my low opinion of him had dropped further.

You may need to reread that article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I wonder will he get any support from his brother, the FF Senator. Or how much play he will make in Cavan for being the nephew of the late John Wilson, FF Tanaiste.

I have nothing against people following their family footsteps into politics. But it was a very big NO NO for a lot of posters on AH, particularly in the Meath by election debate.

I wonder will he get any support from his brother, the FF Senator. Or how much play he will make in Cavan for being the nephew of the late John Wilson, FF Tanaiste.

I have nothing against people following their family footsteps into politics. But it was a very big NO NO for a lot of posters on AH, particularly in the Meath by election debate.

Helen McEntee's, strategically placed by election nomination, ahead of many long standing potential candidates with actual political experience, by a party that vowed to stamp out nepotism (among other things) and a man placing himself up for election as an independent, Not linked to any party, never mind his senator brother, nor his uncle, have got absolutely nothing in common.

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Could he be any worse than the blueshirt bast*rds currently in Government?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

kevin65 wrote: »
    Could he be any worse than the blueshirt bast*rds currently in Government?

Probably not but I think he's looking to run for the wrong reason. He set out to highlight improper practices in AGS and was sucessful in doing that. Then he had all the usual shysters telling him he should run in the next election, not for any Specific reason though but purely because that's the kinda ****e people always come out with any time a person makes a name for themselves and he fell for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Lol, what 'experience' does your interpretation of a proper politician have?
    Only 'experience' any irish politician needs is family behind them to show them the ropes and start the election machine ... and he got that as much as any of the flynns, cowens,o malleys, haughty's, healy rae's, lenihans etc...

It's simple... Single issue candidates are pushing the power back to the people. Although the problem is everyone wants a hospital woth an emergency dept. on the same street.

It's a free country so let the people decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Probably not but I think he's looking to run for the wrong reason. He set out to highlight improper practices in AGS and was sucessful in doing that. Then he had all the usual shysters telling him he should run in the next election, not for any Specific reason though but purely because that's the kinda ****e people always come out with any time a person makes a name for themselves and he fell for it.

Well, if he runs on an anti-corruption ticket then i would have no problem with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Why is it that every Tom dick and john who have had some personal grievance with a government dept feel the need get into politics?

if i had a euro for everytime i was told to shut up talking about politics and if i felt so trong about my views i should run in the elections and try change the system from within.

Helen McEntee's, strategically placed by election nomination, ahead of many long standing potential candidates with actual political experience, by a party that vowed to stamp out nepotism (among other things) and a man placing himself up for election as an independent, Not linked to any party, never mind his senator brother, nor his uncle, have got absolutely nothing in common.

Nothing.

Not linked to any party, but the only party he would consider joining is Sinn Fein. Not linked to any party but knows the populist trends and links up with Luke Flanagan. A proper old style politician in the Healy-Rae mould. He will go far.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/euro-hopefuls-could-become-meps-without-facing-election-1.1803145

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did he fix the road?

Not linked to any party, but the only party he would consider joining is Sinn Fein. Not linked to any party but knows the populist trends and links up with Luke Flanagan. A proper old style politician in the Healy-Rae mould. He will go far.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/euro-hopefuls-could-become-meps-without-facing-election-1.1803145

That's like me saying I'm not linked to an F1 team, but I'd only ever consider joining Ferrari.....

And as I've already said, coming from anti whistleblower, anti SF independent newspaper.

• Advertisement

That's like me saying I'm not linked to an F1 team, but I'd only ever consider joining Ferrari.....

And as I've already said, coming from anti whistleblower, anti SF independent newspaper.

It's in all the papers. No harm in knowing that he is a Sinn Fein supporter and that he has linked up with Luke Flanagan. It will surely help his campaign to be against anything to do with the parties in government. Naturally he opposes charging people for water, which is a human right. He is certainly making all the right populist noises, he knows how the system works.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/news/roundup/articles/2014/10/25/4033386-whistleblower-says-sinn-fin-the-only-option/

Advertisement