Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the PS4 Hard Drive cover

Options
  • 25-10-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just having problems trying to remove the PS4 hard drive cover (the shiny panel on the ps4). I'm pulling on it as hard as I possibly can but it won't budge at all. I've watched youtube videos of people doing this and they seem to be able to do it with very little effort. Sometimes I could hear cracking noises when pulling it, but I'm afraid if I continue pulling, it'll damage something. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is there something jammed, which is why I can't remove the panel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Very little pressure is needed. Just press down lightly with all your finger tips and slide them towards you, the lid only has to move about 10mm and just lifts off.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

I just managed to remove the cover there earlier, but I needed to put a hell of a lot of force into it. Tried what you said before that too, but the cover barely moved at all.

It's supposed to barely move, it only slides back a fraction for the locking tabs to clear the slots and then just lifts off. The second time I opened mine it was not as easy as the first implying I didn't put in back on properly the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Eh... why would you want to do that? Aside from destroying it for the lack of decent games...

Who want's some troll bait?

• Advertisement

Well I did ask a question which was legitimate.

The statement wasn't trolling either.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Well I did ask a question which was legitimate.

The statement wasn't trolling either.
    It's a hard drive cover being removed, implying the upgrading of one to fit in more of these "lack of decent games".

Oh right. Won't need to bother there so.

Advertisement