Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VCDS Waterford?

Options
  • 25-10-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anyone decent with vcds in Waterford? Or near enough by?

Have a day off Tuesday and want to get a few bits coded in as planning on giving the car a winter prep.

Needs to be a version that will work with a mark 3 Leon/ mark VII Golf and the like.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone know anyone decent with vcds in Waterford? Or near enough by?

Have a day off Tuesday and want to get a few bits coded in as planning on giving the car a winter prep.

Needs to be a version that will work with a mark 3 Leon/ mark VII Golf and the like.

TIA

There's a chap on adverts selling vagcom down that way. I bought one before from him and it's worked in every VaG car I've tried it in from a 99 golf to a 2012 Skoda. It's not that hard to use and there's poenty of online info on recoding the control units, if your brave enough to try it :)

Unfortunatrly I've lost the software for mine so can't help you out at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

There's a chap on adverts selling vagcom down that way. I bought one before from him and it's worked in every VaG car I've tried it in from a 99 golf to a 2012 Skoda. It's not that hard to use and there's poenty of online info on recoding the control units, if your brave enough to try it :)

Unfortunatrly I've lost the software for mine so can't help you out at the moment.

Might check him out, no problem using it but should really buy the proper cable for my OCD:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Have one in Tipperary if its any good to you. Probably too far to travel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The great thing about VCDS is it's all in the lead, you can download the software for free anytime so you'll never 'lose' it.

Did you try do any coding with that adverts lead or was it just basic plug in and read fault codes stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Those leads on Adverts and the likes will not work on his Leon.
    Trust me :D

I have a friend in Mitchelstown that could sort you if you have no joy.
    He has a genuine kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Have you had a look at the SeatCupra.net forum?
    http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392941

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I have it in Limerick if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

vectra wrote: »
    Those leads on Adverts and the likes will not work on his Leon.
    Trust me :D

I have a friend in Mitchelstown that could sort you if you have no joy.
    He has a genuine kit.

Yep, and you've tried!!

Might have to invest in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Well.
    If I go vRS or vag again I am certainly buying a genuine one.

Advertisement