Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adelaide

Options
  • 25-10-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I'd imagine it's not a good morning for you Coolmore/AOB haters. Adelaide just became the first overseas winner of the Cox Plate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

I'd imagine it's not a good morning for you Coolmore/AOB haters. Adelaide just became the first overseas winner of the Cox Plate

Great ride by Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Meh. A crap race, big event down under but the equivalent of a well contested Gp3 European race.

It shows how crap the race was that Side Glance finished within 1/2l or so. Wouldn't knock Adelaide for that, he's a 12f horse who started terribly and made sustained progress against moderate opposition. Moore deserves credit for nothing but pushing the horse around the track. The horse took the longest route and won, big whoop for Moore who couldn't get him into a position to save ground on the inside. A similar ride to the one Joseph gave Australia in Leopardstown which destroyed the horse's reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Horse did well to win from there, how come he is not wearing the coolmore colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Easy to say its a great ride when it wins. Decent horse , should be winning against that quality of opposition anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Horse did well to win from there, how come he is not wearing the coolmore colours?

He's in the Tom Magnier Colors. Red sash over Coolmore blue. Tom runs Coolmore in Australasia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

They finished in a heap ... of moderate horses.
    Meanwhile, in Ireland, an O'Brien 1/6 favourite is beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Side Glance is more exposed than the Cliffs of Moher. Beating him by half a length means nothing. It looks like an Arazi-type performance, but that horse was fairly useless as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Side Glance is more exposed than the Cliffs of Moher. Beating him by half a length means nothing. It looks like an Arazi-type performance, but that horse was fairly useless as well.

Not sure how a horse that earned a 135 timeform rating as a two year old could be fairly useless

I think that is the highest rating given to a 2 year old ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Didnt he beat Bertrando by a mile and then that horse went on to a very high class animal..

• Advertisement

Arazi ran five times after winning the Breeders Cup Juvenile and was beaten in four of those races, winning only a paltry Group 2.

So he didn't train on. There is a big difference

And I was wrong, Celtic Swing the highest TF rated 2 year old at 138. 135 still ridiculously high for a 2 year old. That would put him a full 15 pounds better than Tiggy Wiggy. Sea the Stars rated 140 to put into perspective after his 3 year old career

Hopefully they don't retire this horse I think he would win a few group ones next year.

So he didn't train on. There is a big difference

And I was wrong, Celtic Swing the highest TF rated 2 year old at 138. 135 still ridiculously high for a 2 year old. That would put him a full 15 pounds better than Tiggy Wiggy. Sea the Stars rated 140 to put into perspective after his 3 year old career

Just goes to show that the ratings can't always be trusted. A 138 rating for Celtic Swing proves this. An absolute over-estimation of that horse's ability.

Just goes to show that the ratings can't always be trusted. A 138 rating for Celtic Swing proves this. An absolute over-estimation of that horse's ability.

You are missing a fundamental point: AS A 2 YEAR OLD

Anyway this has nothing to do with Adelaide. Not sure how it could be an arazi performance, he hardly won the race by ten lengths. Adelaide is a genuine and tough horse. Probably not good enough for a domestic group 1 over ten furlongs but a solid gr.2 horse. Value for more than the margin he won on Saturday since he had to travel so wide but I'd be surprised if he were to become a superstar but he is like able

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Side Glance is more exposed than the Cliffs of Moher.
    I laughed. :)

You are missing a fundamental point: AS A 2 YEAR OLD

Celtic Swing achieved that rating off the back of a wide margin victory in the Racing Post Trophy on heavy ground. It was sheer lunacy on TF's part to give him such a high rating. I'm not missing the fundamental point.

Celtic Swing achieved that rating off the back of a wide margin victory in the Racing Post Trophy on heavy ground. It was sheer lunacy on TF's part to give him such a high rating. I'm not missing the fundamental point.

Ignore Celtic Swing totally. You compared Adelaide's performance to Arazi's. Not even remotely close

Ignore Celtic Swing totally. You compared Adelaide's performance to Arazi's. Not even remotely close

I compared the style of his winning, ie coming from last to first and picking off most of the field down the back straight, and the way that some of the racing media have gone overboard about it - in the same manner they went overboard about Arazi.

I compared the style of his winning, ie coming from last to first and picking off most of the field down the back straight, and the way that some of the racing media have gone overboard about it - in the same manner they went overboard about Arazi.

Was hard not to go over board about that win in the the breeders cup juvenile, visually it was sensational to watch, he made them horses look like point to pointers. He was a freak as a 2 year old just didn't develop from 2 to 3.

• Advertisement

Arazi ran by horses on the bridle as if they were standing still and put daylight between them. Just how that run in anyway resembles Arazi's I'm not quite sure. Never mind mentioning him being useless

Arazi ran by horses on the bridle as if they were standing still and put daylight between them. Just how that run in anyway resembles Arazi's I'm not quite sure. Never mind mentioning him being useless

Like it or not, Arazi was a useless 3yo. There are some who seem to think that Adelaide is some kind of wonder horse on the strength of his last-to-first Cox Plate win. Fact is, he isn't. That's my point. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to read more into my first post, that's your prerogative, but I'm kinda done with this.

I haven't come across anyone who seem to think he's a wonder horse, no online reports suggest it either any links? So you finally clarify that he was a poor three year old, not what your original comment said.

Only things I've seen is that it was a good performance, brilliant training performances. Haven't once seen the word outstanding, or anything over the top regarding the run. Not sure you have either, but yeah I'm well beyond it, not sure why I even bothered in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Philistines, Arazi was a 2yo Pegasus, poetry in motion. Thrashing future Gp1 winners on both sides of the Atlantic like St Jovite, Bertrando and Seattle Rhyme like they were nobodies. And correction even though he'd problems as a 3yo he won 2 races as a 3yo, the first by 5l the second by 4l with trips to the Kentucky Derby and Ascot sandwiched in between.

Fk*&^&*?NJ$%^&*:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

Like it or not, Arazi was a useless 3yo. There are some who seem to think that Adelaide is some kind of wonder horse on the strength of his last-to-first Cox Plate win. Fact is, he isn't. That's my point. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to read more into my first post, that's your prerogative, but I'm kinda done with this.

Most European horses who happen to Perform well on dirt at 2 normally recede at 3. Look at Jo'Burg who was a better 2yo than Arazi, Jo'Burg won G1 races in Ireland,France,England and the U.S. never has that feat been accomplished but at 3 he flattened out just like Arazi.The Problem is at 3 years old you can't expect a horse to carry it's track 3,000 miles across the Atlantic. what happens is. they win a G1 on Dirt then come back to Europe where there are no tracks or Gallops to Prep on that can simulate what they will face in Kentucky. which is a heavy deep tiring track. Not even Ballydoyle has a dirt track/Gallop to prepare on.they have an All Weather Gallop but that's not dirt.

Advertisement