Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluctuating Hours

Options
  • 25-10-2014 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have just started a new job and was at a meeting with the boss on tuesday last.
    He told me that im full tie but due to the nature of the business my hours arent guaranteed. he said some weeks i could get 40 hours and others i could get only 6.

The trouble is i have to sign off, but if i end up getting low hours one week i wont be able to live and support my wife and child.
    is there anything i can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

How long are you unemployed? Can you avail of the part time job incentive scheme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

As in all cases, it depends on your contract. If it is a zero hour contract then hours depend on when employer needs you, if your contract says you are contracted for 40 hours, then you need to have a chat with your employer.

Advertisement