Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Galaxy S5 from network

Options
  • 25-10-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

Probably the wrong forum.

Just wondering though is it possible while in a contract with my mobile network to still unlock my S5 to sell it ? Im going to go back to my old S3 for the time being and pocket the cash from the s5 to clear a few bills.

In brief if i sell it and my mobile network block my service if i miss a payment for any reason will the s5 still work for the seller or does the network just block the sim ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Your second question is more concerning - yes if you miss the payments your network may blacklist the phone and it will stop working on any Irish network. If in doubt then dont sell off your phone.

Regarding unlocking - google is your best friend. You can buy unlock codes on ebay for €10-15. Some of the mobile shops may unlock it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Your second question is more concerning - yes if you miss the payments your network may blacklist the phone and it will stop working on any Irish network. If in doubt then dont sell off your phone.

Regarding unlocking - google is your best friend. You can buy unlock codes on ebay for €10-15. Some of the mobile shops may unlock it as well.

Cheers, il buy the unlocking code because I've found a fella looking for 50 euro to do it so thats saving me a bit.

Is there anyway around it when a network blocks your phone ? It's just It would be a huge waste to have this phone just sitting there to never be used again really.

Is the normal procedure of unpaid bills ? The network bricking your phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If you're with Vodafone they will unlock it immediately online. Otherwise iemi-unlocker.com did mine quickly for 15 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Cheers, il buy the unlocking code because I've found a fella looking for 50 euro to do it so thats saving me a bit.

Is there anyway around it when a network blocks your phone ? It's just It would be a huge waste to have this phone just sitting there to never be used again really.

Is the normal procedure of unpaid bills ? The network bricking your phone..

Yes the mobile operator can block your phone over unpaid bills. Once blocked it cannot be used in Ireland but may be used in other countries There's no way around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

any chance you can put your phone number up here so no one gives you a cent for your S5?

• Advertisement
Advertisement