Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf MK4 wheel nut lock

Options
  • 24-10-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I recently bought a 00 Golf and as I went to remove the wheel, I see that there is one stud which is cylindrical, with three holes i a triangular pattern.
    How can I remove this stud? Is there a tool available for it. A Google search has proved unfruitful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

tmccar wrote: »
    I recently bought a 00 Golf and as I went to remove the wheel, I see that there is one stud which is cylindrical, with three holes i a triangular pattern.
    How can I remove this stud? Is there a tool available for it. A Google search has proved unfruitful.

There should be a socket to suit it with the car. They are a lock nut. It's usually in the glovebox, ashtray, armrest, or is the boot beside the jack,.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tmccar

I can't find it anywhere, and the previous owner doesn't know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Get a nut welded on or if there's a socket that nearly fits beat it on over the lock nut

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Get a nut welded on or if there's a socket that nearly fits beat it on over the lock nut

Advertisement